Prologue

Run little Butterfly

“Stop! Stop it please” I wished to yell, but my voice would not make words. Flames licked at my body, but I could not move. Pain seared threw out every section of my being, yet I could not fight it. I gripped the cold metal of my- his locket in my hands. Bruises layered my skin, turning its normally white surface black blue and various colors. I had to get up, had to. I had to stop this, I had… I had to… I forced myself off the broken stone ground. Buildings burned behind me, stone crumbled. I could hear them screaming back there, screaming for a god that would not save them. I forced myself to my feet, my white colored clothing ripped. My jeans torn and ripped. I'd lost one shoe running for my life, so I kicked the other chocolate colored boot off my foot and limped forward. I just needed a little time, just a little bit. Not much… a few seconds maybe.

A screech came from above me, in the dark red and black sky. He was here. I stumbled forward pushing my body to its limits. I couldn’t fight now, I was so tired so incredibly tired. I shoved myself into a broken building made of red brick. The inside of the house was in ruins, broken wooden flooring and burning furniture. I had enough magic power to do this, I hoped. I took the locket out and looked at it, silently. I heard another scream from above. A snakes angry hiss. Then his voice. “Come out! Come out, where ever you are!” came his sing-song voice. I had to do this now. “Memory… M-make. Icy Cell!” I yelled he'd heard me. I knew it, there was the sound of another hiss and boots on dirt. Coming closer, but it was to late. The ice began to lift its away around me. Encaging me with the locket. Crystal ice, unable to be broken by any magic spell or otherwise.

I saw him one last time before the crystal incased me. Rage on his face, brown hair in his eyes. Then… nothingness. I would sleep for ever if I had to, this was my sacrifice.

Run little butterfly, faster than the light but as far as you go I’ll always be right behind.