Taking a Break

Chapter One

Lucy POV

I sat in my room, at the desk. My little lamp to my side, a pen in hand. A evil looking blank paper staring back at me. I was looking to write, I wanted to write… but what? I tapped the pen against the paper and glared gloomily into the raining evening. Mongolia rarely had rain, but I guess today was one of those days. After we had returned from the Grand Magic Games, myself and Natsu had gone off on a job to find and kill a giant mole… that was… most interesting. He and Lisanna had gone off to do something somewhere today. In the rain, very romantic of him.

I stood up, refusing to let the thought bother me. Ever since she'd come back from Edolas he'd wanted to be around her. It was understandable, she was a childhood friend. If my childhood friend randomly popped up- who'd I believed was dead- I'd want to be around them to. I didn’t know if they where in a romantic relationship or what. I didn’t mind, I refused to think about it. His life, his choices. What did I care. I didn’t care… I sighed and sat down again neer the window. Rain always made me feel depressed and down in the dumps. I got up and turned away to go make myself something to eat when there was a knock on the window behind me. I turned around to see a drenched looking Happy looking in at me. I frowned and opened the window. “What do you want cat?” I said gruffly. Happy fluttered his wings and climbed in without warning. “Hay! Did I sa-“ There was no point in continuing that sentence. He was going to come in here anyway.

The little blue cat tumbled to the ground and smiled up at me. “Why aren’t you with Natsu?” I asked. Kneeling down to be eye to eye with the creature. Happy lifted a paw and looked up at me. “He wanted to be alone with his lady!” he said cheerily. I blinked sighing. “So you came here, why didn’t you go home.” I grumbled getting up. Wandering to get myself something to eat.  Happy trailed me. “Are you jealoussss?” He laughed I spun and grabbed his head lifting him up and squeezing it. “Why would I be jealous!!” I roared. Happy giggled “because Natsu might get a relationship and your still alone!” I scowled. “So what, maybe I want to be.” Happy got out my grip and fluttered around my head. “You’re a lier!” I batted the cat away. “Get out happy, before I stuff you down the drainpipe.”

Happy continued to smile at me. “Fine I wont talk about how your going to die alone.” I scowled at him. “If you want to stay here. Shut up. I have work to do.” I nibbled on the sandwich I'd made. Sitting down again at my desk tapping my pen on the blank paper. “What are you writing!” He asked from below me. I frowned. “None of your business.” Happy sat down below me, saying nothing as I continued to rack my brain for something to write. I could try drawing, but I'd never been very good at it. After about fifteen minutes of staring at white paper a quiet snoring emanated from below me. I glanced down to see Happy curled at my feet sleeping. Just as a normal cat would.

I gave up and shut the paper book reorganizing the desk before going to change into my pajamas. I had nothing else to do today, might as well get an early night’s sleep.  I curled up in the blankets and pulled them over my head. The warmth of the duvet lulled me to sleep…

I was awoken by something landing on me. I opened my eyes suddenly and prepared myself to punch whatever had landed on me. A body could just be made out in the light of moon coming through my window. Something- someone was laying on my legs. I waited a few seconds before lashing at them, my fist punching something soft. It cried out and tumbled off me onto the floor. I jumped up and flicked on my lamp. My eyes landed on what I'd just hit, Natsu- crumpled on the floor. Clutching his face. “Ow-Ow-Ow!” he yelled. I  groaned. “Damnit Natsu! You don’t just land on a ladys legs while shes sleeping.” I frowned crossing my arms and turning my head away from him. Natsu rubbed his cheek and looked up at me. “Don’t be mad.” He grinned, folding his legs and looking up at me.

“I was looking for Happy.” I narrowed my eyes. “In my house? How the hell did you get in here anyway.” He pointed to the window. “It was open.” I sighed. “Will you ever stop barding into my house.” He shrugged. “I doubt it.” I rolled my eyes. “Atleast your honest.” He laughed. “Where is happy anyway.” I looked over to my desk, he wasn’t where I left him. I began to head towards the kitchen when I heard an angry slurping sound. I looked to see the refrigerator open… and food EVERYWHERE. “GET. OUT!” I yelled. Punting the two out the door. “Some people never change.”