The new you

You shot across the sky at high speed with your eyes glowing white, sweat rolling off your cheeks. You halted in mid-air and scanned the area, panting. (Where is the school again!? Geez, I was just there!)

Quirk: Gene Mutation

Color: White

Power: Flight

This Quirk is used to fly into the sky and use aerial combat skills to win a battle. You can fly across the sky at top speed and fly faster than a jet. Even though this Quirk focuses on speed and aerial combat, you're only as strong as your body is.

You shook your head and flew off like a speeding bullet. (You would think I would know...but the fact that he asked me to do this and I'm so late is what's making my brain melt into putty!) You flew faster and faster and then you spotted the large U.A. symbol on the High School building. "Yes!" You flew to the ground and looked around the place. The grass was a dark green color in the moonlight and the glass of the building reflected the moon's beautiful rays. The wind was a gentle breeze that cooled your sweaty body and the crickets chirped to the sound of the night.

"Woah...I've never really been out past dark." This was because you always had work to do, whether that was homework or training. After all of that you would sleep or perhaps stay up a few minutes extra to listen to Present Mic's late-night radio talk shows. You scratched your cheek and you flew into the air, scanning the area again. You didn't see anyone or anything that stuck out like a sore thumb, so you sighed and crossed your legs in the air. (Oh man...) You put your hands behind your head and leaned back, pouting. (I'm too late...I missed him...)

"Yo! Kid!" You sat straight up and looked down, seeing Present Mic wave his hands at you with a big smile on his face. You smiled back and shot down to him, almost running into the ground in your haste. "P-Present Mic!" You cheered, toying with your hair. (How embarrassing for him to see me like that in the air...) You rubbed your neck, blushing.

He waved his hands in a defensive motion and chuckled. "Hey, hey, you can call me Hizashi when it's just the two of us." You put your finger on your lip and you made a peculiar noise. "What? I'm allowed to call you by your real name?" "Only when it's just us...call it a sign of respect between heroes." Your eyes filled with tears of joy as you looked down at the ground to cover your face up.

Present Mic must have sensed your mood swing because he then started to comfort you. "H-hey don't cry!" You sniffled and wiped your nose off, smiling. "Ok!" Present Mic rubbed his neck and shook his head. "You're something else kid...what you did in the exam was amazing. I couldn't have asked for a better show! That was awesome!" Stars danced in your eyes as you smiled. "Really?" "Yeah, when you went crazy, I think that was the best part!" You closed your mouth and hesitated to say anything more.

Present Mic tilted his head and put his hands in his pockets. "What, was it something I said?" He asked. You averted his eyes and you scratched your cheek in a timid manner. "The truth is...that was a new Quirk of mine." Sometimes when you get new Quirks you get sick or you have a strange feeling before you get it. When you were developing your telekinesis powers you were sick for three days and you would throw up anything you ate. When you threw up in the entrance exam, that was the quickest side effect of your Quirk you have ever experienced. It was your first and most likely your last for all the other ones in the future.

Present Mic nodded slightly because he already knew that was a new Quirk of yours. Even though he may seem and act stupid, Present Mic is an extremely intelligent person. He was sharp enough to point out your new Quirk when Aizawa wasn't, either that or he didn't care enough to point it out.

Present Mic held his chin and chuckled a bit before looking straight at you. "You know kid...I don't think I've seen someone go nuts like that over breaking their shades." You blushed and hid your face in embarrassment. "Oh...so you could hear everything I said?" You asked shyly. Present Mic crossed his arms and laughed before adjusting his shades. "But I'm not one to judge, after all I probably would have done the same thing." He admitted. You gave him a cute innocent look and started to get lost in your thoughts.

Present Mic looked down at the calm peaceful night, breathing in and out before snapping his fingers. "Come on, let's take a walk." He said, leading the way. You snapped out of your trance and ran after him, only to start flying by accident. "Whoops!" Present Mic looked over his shoulder to see you flying and he snickered. "That's ok kid, I knew the whole time I just didn't say anything." You landed on the ground and deactivated your Quirk. You skipped to his side and smiled at him, embarrassed again. (Geez...can I make myself look anymore foolish?)

The two of you walked down the street for a while and then you finally turned to him and asked. "Why are we walking?" He acted like he didn't hear you at first and hummed a little happy tune. He then stopped, turned to face you and pulled out a pair of goggles that were designed like his shades. "Woah! What are those!?" You asked. The base of the goggles were wide triangles with orange lenses, and they popped out compared to his shades. A thick white strap made of leather wrapped around both ends and clipped together.

"I want you to have these." You stared at Present Mic with a confused expression and he motioned his hand towards yours. "Well, go on, take it kid." He smiled. You didn't know what to say or think. The shades you could understand, but not a pair of goggles that looked too expensive for you. You couldn't explain the feeling you were having it was something you had never felt before.

You slowly took the goggles out of his hands and you put them on. They were a little tight around your face, but that was so they didn't fall off. "I figured this would be better than having my shades because they're more prone to breaking. These things are made from the material in Aizawa's goggles, so they're durable and comfy." You slid the goggles up your face and pushed your hair back, looking up at Present Mic for approval.

He held his chin, frowning, and shook his head. "No, that doesn't look good." He pulled the goggles down over your eyes and positioned them to fit snuggly around your slim face. He smiled and then nodded. "There! Now you look like me!" You blushed and giggled. "Yeah!" "Do you like them? I thought of the design myself." Present Mic blushed.

"O-of course I love them! They're so cool! I'm going to wear these all the time!" Present Mic chuckled and struck a pose. "Alright then, you better go to bed because you got a big day tomorrow. You're starting school with me and Aizawa!" You gasped and squealed like a little girl. "Yes, yes, yes!" You chanted. He laughed nervously and then you pushed your goggles off your face.

"Hey...now that I think about it." "Hmm?" "That man in the video was Aizawa...right?" Present Mic rubbed his neck and laughed. "Oh yeah, he's changed a lot!" "You did to you know!" You laughed. "Yeah, we both did!" Present Mic laughed and then you started to laugh with him. Tomorrow was going to be the best day of your life, your new life as the new you, a hero.