03

THE midterm exams were just around the corner and it seriously was taking its toll on Eunji. She had started studying for longer hours and as much as possible tried avoiding distractions like Chanyeol. who had persistently pestered her from time to time.

"Ji-ah! Ji-ah! Ji-ah!" Chanyeol squealed as he made his way to the waste segregation area where Eunji was doing some volunteer work.

He hastily grabbed the plastic garbage to help her do her task. "Wait. We're done with the service, right? Why are you still doing this?"

"It has become a habit." She explained. It was true that weeks had passed already since they finished serving their time to the waste segregation area but Eunji seemed to have developed a fascination towards separating waste materials so she would often volunteer to do the task. Apparently, the waste segregation area was one of the few places inside the campus that was quiet. She could contemplate better in this place.

"What do you need?" She asked finally, realizing that Chanyeol was actually there with her. The truth was she was very busy studying to actually pay attention to any of his shenanigans these days.

"We'll be playing at the club today. Wanna come?" Chanyeol invited. He dropped the plastic he finished segregating to the bin and fished the tickets from his pockets.

"I've got you two." He said showing her a V sign with his fingers. "The club has been stricter, they won't let you in without these..."

Eunji eyed him suspiciously. It's not everyday that Chanyeol would offer her free tickets to his gigs. "For free?"

"Whoaa." He rolled his eyes. "What do you take me for?"

"A stingy guitarist who doesn't give free tickets to his bestfriend." She said imperturbably before reaching the tickets. "Thanks though."

He placed a hand over his chest, "Ouch. That hurt my ego."

Eunji's narrowed her eyes at him, "Why would it hurt that? Your ego is inflated. My brutally honest words would just be bouncing at it."

"HAHAHAHAHA!" Chanyeol laughed. "You're so funny, Ji-ah!!!" He hastily placed his arm around Eunji's head and tucker her under. "My Ji-ah is so cute."

"PARK CHANYEOL!!!!" She screamed.

But Chanyeol did not stop ruffling her hair like she was a puppy. So ended up elbowing him by his ribcage which made him detach himself from her, still laughing uncontrollably. They started walking back to their rooms soon after.

"The tickets are numbered so you need to be on the table where they will usher you to." He mumbled as they quietly trod. "I saved you the best seat so I hope you would come. You haven't seen me played in a long while." He said smiling proudly, a hand at the back of his neck.

Eunji was always cold, but she was never dumb. She felt there was something odd at this whole inviting thing. "Is it really me that you wanted to see tonight?" She inquired, an eyebrow raising at Chanyeol.

"Woah." He scoffed. "W-Who else would it be then?" He sounded so defensive eyes looking straight ahead.

"Who else?" Eunji repeated. "Joohyun?" She asked randomly.

It was frustrating for Eunji to see how awkward Chanyeol was acting around Joohyun lately.He was like a completely different person around her. He was not loud and crazy like how he used to be. He always acted proper and well-behaved around Joohyun. He wasn't smiling with all his teeth out when he's with her. He was always smiling like there was a camera around him, flashing the dimples in his cheeks.