16

EUNJI and Chanyeol set the dinner on a Saturday night as it was the only time in that week when both of them were available.

So it baffled Eunji why Chanyeol was meeting her at three in the afternoon of the same day.

She did not even expect to see him at the study room rented by Shinah's parents where they held the tutorial session of the weekend. She remembered telling him that she would be tutoring to earn money and treat him a meal but could not recall inviting him to come over.

But here he was in his tall, lanky glorious presence, sitting in front of them. Eunji busied herself giving Shin her practice exercises. Chanyeol went on playing games in his phone.

When the break time came signalling the end of the session, they were served some snacks. Shinah's parents must be generous that even the bystander Chanyeol was given his share of the food.

"I want the strawberry milk." He pointed at the tray. Eunji stabbed the foil with the thin plastic straw and pushed the bottled to Chanyeol. "Thanks, Ji-ah."

"Free snacks for the bummer." She whispered while Chanyeol rolled his eyes at her and drank his milk happily.

Shinah who had been quiet the whole session spoke, "Eonni,"

"Yes, Shinah?"

"Where is Kyungsoo oppa?" The kid asked.

Before she could even answer the kid's question, Chanyeol had raised another one again. "Do you like parading that guy?"

"Shut up. She just met him once. " She hissed. "Your oppa is busy these days, Shinah." She replied the kid with a smile.

"Did you break up, eonni?" The kid went to ask again.

Her question made Chanyeol laugh very hard. "Oops, my bad. Sorry."

"We weren't even together so why would we break up?" She asked laughing nervously and glancing at Chanyeol who was suppressing another laugh.

"Aahhh." Shinah cooed and nodded. "So you're going out with Chanyeol oppa now?" Her eyes glimmered with curiosity.

Her question this time had Chanyeol shut up and made Eunji feel akward.

"Shinah, what's with these questions? Hahahaha!" She laughed. "Of course, not." She turned to face the guy, "Right, Chanyeol oppa?" She repeated how the little girl addressed the giant.

Chanyeol held her gaze for a few seconds before nodding his head again with an amused expression on his face while looking at the girl. "Definitely,"

Somehow, his answer made Eunji look away.

When, the tutorial session was over they waited for Shinah's parents to pick her up. In the end, Chanyeol and Eunji found themselves together again.

It was 4 in the afternoon and the sun was hiding behind the thick clouds.

"Ohmygod. Since when did the weather become this cold?!" Eunji exclaimed as the cold wind brushed their faces when they hit the streets. She had dressed lightly for this cold weather. Wrapping her arms around her, she started jumping to break some sweat.

"Were you not listening to weather forecasts?" Chanyeol asked removing the red knitted scarf from his neck. "Autumn is about to end."

She shook her head, "I've been busy with my papers lately. I barely sleep, Yeolmae. How do you expect me to still watch—" Eunji was cut off when Chanyeol pulled her backpack putting halt to her fidgeting.