23

Todoroki POV

I knew they thought I was unconscious but I wasn't. I could hear him "it's okay Candy Cane I'm here I'm gonna get you out" he said before making a small blast to open the door. I felt him lift me carefully just enough so that the chains weren't so tight and he could get a hand in to make another small explosion.

Once the chains were gone I felt myself collapse into his arms before he started to carry me. I tried to gather the energy to open my eyes when someone else touched me but failed. I soon found out it was Uraraka when she tried to convince Katsuki that I would float to the top but he refused to let me go.

It then felt like he climbed a few ladders before I felt him side step carefully as though going through something before he put me down. I could only assume we had reached outside. All I could feel was that it was cold and then suddenly Katsuki was putting something on me. It was clumsy and awkward and painful and I wished I could have helped him out but he finally managed to get the jumper on me.

I could hear music playing and then "Shitty Hair go get those idiots" before he picked me up again. Kirishima must have come back because the next thing I heard was Katsuki mumbling "Thanks, I know I don't say it, like, at all but you really are my best friend"

I couldn't even begin to imagine how much that would have meant to Kirishima but it was shortly followed by "alright Shitty Hair don't read anything into it okay" they didn't say much after that until "Dude I think we're lost"

"Yeah. I think we are" Katsuki put me down gently "watch him as though your life fucking depended on it" he demanded before i heard him using his quirk I could only assume to catapult himself into the air. All I wanted to do was see Katsuki for myself and sleep. I was exhausted and in a lot of pain.

I forced my eyes to open and saw something heading towards me "Kat? Is that you?" I asked weakly. "Yeah I told you I wasn't going to leave you and I meant it. Sorry it took so long" he said gently.

I still couldn't see properly but just hearing those words made me smile a little "thank you, I-I'm kinda tired" I replied as he picked me up and started walking in the direction we needed to go. "It's okay I just need you to stay awake a little longer, you can rest when we're safe again okay" I nodded my head and cuddled into him more.

I wasn't sure how far through the trees we were but I heard something, they must have heard it too because they both span around. We started moving again so I assumed it was nothing and it wasn't long before I realised he was running.

"GET OUTTA MY WAY NERDS!" He yelled at who I assumed were students "YEAH YEAH HE'S ALIVE NOW MOVE!" He yelled again. Before I knew it we were back in the Recovery room. Back to where it all started.

"Can I s-sleep now" I asked knowing I was in a safe place "not just yet Candy Cane just a few more minutes" I tried to stay awake but I couldn't keep my eyes open anymore. I had no choice but to give in to sleep.