Telling him

"Who's gonna tell him." Susan sighed as they all sat on Edmund's bed, Edmund still unconscious.
Peter took a deep breath. "I'll do it." He said quietly.
Susan nodded as she tightened her grip on Lucy, who was sat in her lap. "Well, you can tell him now." She said, sitting up straight and pushing Lucy carefuly off her lap when she saw Edmund's eyes begin to open.
Peter held his breath as he waited for his brother to wake properly, absolutely dreading what he was about to tell him.
Edmund looked over at his brother, a small frown on his face.
"What happened Ed?" Susan asked after a few moments.
Edmund sighed. "I think I stood up to quickly." He mumbled. "I just got really dizzy." He sighed before slowly sitting up, squeezing his eyes shut as he placed a hand to his head. "I take it I hit my head?" He whispered.
Peter nodded. "Yeah." He said, before glancing up at Susan, who slowly nodded, resting a hand on Lucy's shoulder.
"Ed?" Peter asked hesitantly.
Edmund looked up at him, a questioning look on his face.
"We - We've got something to tell you." Peter choked.
Edmund frowned a little. "What?" He asked.
Peter swallowed hard. "Just remember that no matter what happens I won't let you get hurt, I will protect you." He said firmly.
Edmund frowned even more, but there was a clear look of worry on his face. "Pete, what's wrong?" He asked, his voice shaking if only a little bit.
Peter sighed, hesitating alot before taking a deep breath. "Ed." He said quietly. "She's back."
Edmund stared at his brother, not moving a muscle or saying anything.
Peter glanced at his sisters before looking back to Edmund. "Ed?" He asked.
Edmund took a deep breath, opening his mouth slightly as if trying to say something, but no noise came out.
"Edmund remember what I said." Peter said quickly. "I won't let her hurt you."
"What?" Edmund finaly managed to choke out.
Peter sighed sadly. "The witch is alive." He mumbled.
Edmund looked as though he were about to say something different but in the end he just manged to repeat himself. "What?" He whispered.
"Edmund." Susan said. "Jadis is alive. And the reason you're getting so tired all the time is because a hag has placed a spell on you, where you'll get weaker as the witch gets stronger."
Edmund took a deep breath. "Jadis?" He whispered.
Peter nodded. "She's alive, yeah." He said.
"Alive." Edmund said quietly.
Peter nodded again. "Yeah." He breathed.
No one did anything for a long while, until Edmund visibly started trembling. "Are you sure?" He choked.
"She sent us a note." Lucy mumbled.
Edmund shook his head. "But - But she doesn't have one drop of Adam's blood." He said quickly.
Peter sighed. "The hag snuck into the castle a few nights ago. She cast a spell so that neither me or you would wake, and cut your hand, taking your blood before healing the cut." He explained slowly.
"My hand was sore." Edmund said.
"I know Ed." Peter muttered.
Edmund took a deep breath, followed by another really quick one. "She's alive." He choked. "She - She used my blood." His breathing got heavier and quicker as he placed his hand on Peter's arm.
"Edmund." Peter said quickly. "Ed breath."
Edmund shook his head, struggling to breath. "I - I don't want-" He took a deep breath, gripping onto Peter's arm as tightly as he could. "No." He choked.
"Ed look." Peter said quickly, panicking as Edmund struggled to breath. "You need to calm down. Lucy, go and find some water."
Lucy nodded as she hopped off the bed and dashed out the room.
"Edmund look at me." Peter demanded softly.
Edmund glanced up at his brother. "She's - She's alive." He panted.
"I know Ed." Peter said as Susan placed a hand on Edmund's shoulder. "But you need to calm down, you're gonna pass out again."
Edmund stared at his brother, nodding a little as he tried to stop gasping.
After at least five minutes his breathing slowed down and evened out. Tears appeared in his eyes as he stared at his brother.
"Alright now?" Peter asked.
Edmund shook his head. "She's alive." He forced out.
Peter was about to say something but then Lucy walked into the room with a glass of water.
"Here." She said softly, handing the glass to Edmund.
"Thanks." Edmund whispered, taking a small sip.
"Right, Edmund listen to me." Peter said firmly. "No matter what happens I won't let her hurt you."
Edmund shook his head. "You can't say that." He choked. "She's back, and by the sound of this spell, she definitely wants to kill me."
Peter thought for a moment. "Remember what you said when you were distracting her at the stone table?" He said. "You said something along the lines of 'you've tried to kill me so may times that when you say it it just sounds funny.'"
Edmund nodded slowly.
"How many times has she tried to kill you but failed?" Peter said. Edmund remained silent. "The time when you were her prisoner. The stone table. Beruna. Her followers. When she 'came back' and when she took control of you." Peter answered for him. "That's six times Edmund, and every time she's failed. And this time she'll fail too."
"How - How do you know?" Edmund choked.
"Because I do." Peter said firmly.
"The spell." Edmund said suddnely. "How do we break it?"
Peter hesitated before sighing. "You have to kill the witch Ed." He said quietly.
Edmund's eyes went wide. "Me?" He said.
Peter nodded slowly.
"But - last time I fought her she - she-" He stopped dead. "I can't kill her!"
"You don't know that." Peter said softly.
"Yes I do!" Edmund exclaimed. "I can't kill her! It's impossible! She's the white witch for goodness sake!" And with that he got out of bed and dashed out the room.
"Ed!" Peter called after him, sighing. "I'll be back." He muttered to his sisters before walking out the room after his brother.

☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆
😧😧😧😧😧😧😟😟😟
Might not be posting again until Monday (ish)