Locked up

Edmund slowly glanced over at Peter, who had a frown on his face but still nodded slightly at him.
Edmund took a deep breath as he turned back to the witch, his heart pounding.
After a lot of hesitation he brought his sword forward, attempting to stab her.
But before he could stop it, Jadis grabbed his hand and prised the sword from it, letting it fall to the floor with a clatter, before pushing him backwards so that he fell down the stairs, landing at the bottom with a groan.
Jadis just smirked at Edmund and the fact that Peter's eyes were wide as he tried to get away.
Jadis clicked her fingers again and another minotaur walked into the room. He grabbed Edmund and pulled him roughly to his feet, before walking him over to stand in front of the witch again.
"Nice try." Jadis laughed, grabbing Edmund's hair and lifting his head up so that he had no choice but to look at her. "Did you honestly think that you'd be able to kill me?"
Edmund swallowed hard as he stared at the witch, tears in his eyes.
"Let him go." Came Peter's voice.
Jadis turned to him and smirked. "Never." She said simply before turning back to Edmund. "Face it Edmund." She said darkly. "You're never going to be able to kill me. And that means that I either get to kill you, or watch you die because of how weak you are." She laughed a little. "But I think it would be much more fun to kill you myself."
Edmund bit his lip, begging silently for Jadis to let go of his hair.
To his surprise she did and he lowered his head, taking a deep breath as he tried to stay calm.
"Lock them up." The witch ordered, causing Edmund's heart to skip a beat. "I'll be down in a minute."
Next thing he new Edmund was being dragged from the room, in a direction he knew all too well.
He didn't panick too much cause he heard Peter being led behind him, and he felt just the slightest bit calmer knowing that he wasn't going to be taken away from his brother.
Swallowing hard they reached the dungoens and Edmund was led over to the middle of the cell, before being pushed roughly to the ground.
He didn't even struggle as the minotaur locked the shackles around his ankles, although he did flinch at the sudden pain.
It was only when the minotaur left was Peter pushed into the cell, so hard that he fell to the floor as well.
The second he heard the doors slam shut and lock he crawled over to his brother, who was just staring at the doors, tears filling his eyes.
"Ed?" He asked quietly.
Edmund sighed. "I tried." He mumbled, looking at his brother. "I tried."
"I know you did Ed." He said. "But she was obviously expecting it."
Edmund slowly nodded as he pulled his legs up to his chest, causing the chains to screech across the ice.
"Why are you shackled but not me?" Peter wondered.
But the question was never answered for Jadis marched into the cell seconds later, bursting through the doors, a hag and a dwarf following.
"Let us go!" Peter said immediately, kneeling in front of Edmund to try and protect him.
Jadis laughed. "We all know I'm not going to do that Peter." She said.
Peter glanced behind her and at the hag, instantly recognising her. "You." He whispered. "Take the spell off my brother right now!"
The witch smirked. "And that's not going to happen either." She said firmly.
"Please." Peter said.
"No!" Jadis shouted. "And I would be quiet if I were you, otherwise it's Edmund that gets hurt."
Peter sighed. Of course.
"How long have you given everyone until they can send out a search party?" The witch asked.
Peter hesitated.
"You better tell me Peter." She said. "Or it's Edmund's who pays."
Peter sighed. "A week, but that was two days ago." He said.
Jadis smirked. "This is gonna work just perfectly." She said.
"What is?" Peter said.
"Oh you're gonna have to wait a few days to find out." Jadis laughed.
"But within a few days, Edmund's gonna be-" Peter trailed off.
"So weak he'll hardly be able to stand?" Jadis finished. "Oh I know. Move." She said suddnely.
Peter's eyes went wide. "No." He whispered.
"Move." Jadis repeated. "Or I'm gonna really hurt your brother."
"How do I know you won't hurt him anyway?" Peter spat.
Jadis laughed. "Good question." She said. "It's entirely your choice. You can move away and your brother might not get hurt. Or I can move you myself and your brother will get really hurt."
Peter sighed as he felt a hand on his shoulder. "Pete just move." Edmund choked from behind him.
Peter glanced back at his brother but nodded slowly as he hesitantly moved out of the way.
Jadis smiled at him before turning to Edmund, kneeling in front of him, gripping her broken wand in her hand. "I'd get comfortable Edmund." She whispered darkly. "Because you're gonna be here for quite a while."
"But-" Edmund choked, but was unable to get any other words past his lips.
Jadis smirked. "So it looks as though you'll be celebrating your 13th birthday in a dungoen." She said. "Oh yes, I remember when you told me that it was your birthday on the fifth of September. But what I failed to see was that you were trying to distract me, weren't you?"
Edmund took a deep breath.
Jadis suddnely grabbed his chin so hard that he flinched. "Weren't you?" She repeated.
Edmund quickly nodded his head. "Yes." He choked.
Jadis smirked before slapping him straight across the face.
Edmund's hand immediately went to his cheek as tears filled his eyes.
"Ed!" He heard Peter shout and within seconds was by his side, placing a hand on both his shoulders.
"See you soon." Jadis laughed before she left, the hag and the dwarf following, locking the doors behind them.

☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆
😭😭💔💔😟😟😭😭