Thunder

The two brothers stood there in shock for what felt like forever until Edmund spun around to face Peter.
"Where's the wand?!" He asked, panick in his voice.
Peter took a deep breath. "I - I don't know." He said, staring at his brother.
Edmund's eyes went wider (if this was even possible) as his breathing started to get heavier. "You don't think - think that the - the hag-" He paused, taking a deep breath.
Peter looked back over to where the wand should be, and felt his heart begin to pound against his chest. "It's a possibility." He mumbled.
"But - But if they have the wand-" Edmund gasped.
"They still can't bring her back Ed." Peter said, sighing. "Look." He said quietly, kneeling in front of his brother and getting Edmund to look at him. "They may have the wand, but they don't have one drop of Adam's blood." Edmund said nothing. "Do they?" Peter asked firmly.
Edmund hesitantly shook his head.
"That's right." Peter nodded. "And we're going to do everything we can to make sure they don't get any."
Edmund nodded slowly again, biting his lip. "I - I don't want her to come back." He choked.
"She's not going to Edmund." Peter reassured him. "I promise."
Edmund shook his head. "Don't promise." He whispered.
"Well I can and I have." Peter said firmly. "She's not coming back Edmund."
Edmund sighed, looking down at the floor before kneeling in front of his brother and resting his head against his chest.
Peter bit his lip and wrapped his arms around Edmund's shoulders, hugging him tightly.
"Is everything alright your majesties?" The faun from outside had now come in, a frown on his face as he stared at the two kings.
Peter slowly pulled away from his brother. "The wand has been stolen." He explained. "I want everyone you've got out searching for it - and the thief."
The fauns eyes went slightly wider as he looked over to where the wand should be. Nodding his head he looked back to Peter. "Certainly your majesty." He answered before running off out the room.
"We need to get Lucy." Peter sad. "This faun needs help." He nodded at the faun who was on the floor out cold, the one who had been guarding the wand. "Come on." He said, pulling Edmund to his feet before the two set off at a slow run back to the dining room.
Once there Peter burst through the door, causing Lucy to jump and drop her fork.
"Flipping heck!" She exclaimed, looking up at Peter with wide eyes. "What an earth's the matter?!"
"The wand's been stolen!" Peter exclaimed as he heard Edmund run into the room behind him.
"What?" Susan frowned.
"The wand!" Peter said. "It's been stolen. Lucy, we need your cordial, the faun that was guarding the wand is unconscious."
Despite her shock Lucy nodded and jumped from her seat, reaching for her cordial.
"How an earth has the wand been stolen?" Susan asked as the four of them headed back down to the room.
"You know we told you about how that hag tried to steal it?" Peter said.
"Yeah." Susan replied.
"We think it was her." Peter said, taking a deep breath.
Susan nodded as they ran down the corridor.
Peter stopped dead though when he heard a loud thud from behind him. Hearing a shriek from Lucy he spun around, only for his eyes to go wide.
Edmund was on the floor, eyes closed and extremely pale. Lucy had knelt beside him, her eyes wide with worry and shock.
Peter swore under his breath (earning a sharp look from Susan) before running over to his brother, kneeling beside him. "Ed." He said quickly. "Edmund, wake up."
"Pete he won't wake up." Susan said. "He's unconscious."
Peter took a deep breath, lifting Edmund's head up and resting it on his lap.
"Susan, Lucy." He said. "You go help the faun. I'll take Edmund up to our room."
The two girls both clearly hesitated but eventually ran off down the corridor, Lucy casting one last quick glance over her shoulder.
Peter sighed as he carefuly lifted Edmund into his arms, causing his head to fall against his chest.
Walking up to their room Peter couldn't help but wonder why Edmund had passed out. It could've been the shock and worry? Or it could've been that he gotten too out of breath because he was running, he hadn't exactly recovered from last time with the witch, even though Aslan said he'd be alright within a week.
Reaching their room he kicked open the door before laying Edmund down in his bed, pulling the blankets over him before running back over to shut the door.
He sighed as he sat on the bed beside his brother, placing a hand on his shoulder.
Glancing out the window he watched as the rain slowly started to fall. He watched as it got heavier and heavier and the sky got darker and darker, until there was a flash of lightening and an extremely loud rumble of thunder.
Edmund sat bolt upright in bed at the sound of the thunder, eyes popping open as he gasped.
Peter turned back to him. "It's okay." He mumbled. "It was just thunder."
Edmund took a deep breath before looking up at his brother. "What happened?" He asked quietly.
"You passed out." Peter said, slightly louder to be heard over the rain that was pelting against the window.
"Oh." Edmund mumbled. He looked out the window when there was another flash of lightning, swallowing hard. "My head hurts." He muttered.
Peter bit his lip. "You might of hit it when you passed out?" He suggested.
"Maybe." Edmund said loudly over the next rumble of thunder. "Where are the girls?" He asked.
"They went to help the faun." Peter answered.
Edmund only nodded. "They will find the wand won't they?" He asked after a while.
Peter bit his lip. "I'm sure they will." He said.
Edmund nodded, before lying back down again, sighing as he closed his eyes.

☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆
😢😢❤😯😯😟😟

Stronger || The Chronicles Of Narnia On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara