Into the closet

Once reaching the second floor, Teddy rushed on the poorly lightened hall and entered a random room to his right. He then closed the door behind him and dashed for a closet in the corner of the room, opening it brusquely and leaping inside with a giggle.

     The new life in the clan seemed pretty cool so far. There was no one to beat Teddy, no one to force him to beg for money, to make him sleep and eat on the cold, muddy pavement. There was no 'mother' to remind the boy how useless and weak he was and no 'father' to use him like a punching bag. Since his 'parents' left Teddy a few months ago, his life became so much easier and despite having to search bins for food and clothes, he enjoyed his freedom. Then Bullock found him and brought him into the Clan, offering the boy a warm roof above his head and a place he could call home.

     Teddy knew his life won't be all easy and bright from now on, but he could feel that the blooming relationship with the young shifters will pay for every hardships he will have to face in Camboda. The boys were all very sweet and carrying, and their behaviour was a truthful amusement for Teddy.

       There was also Bullock who would become Teddy's father and model. The boy could already tell the bull shifter will be one of the most important people into his life. He was the one to offer him a house and a family. He offered him a hand when no one else did and saved him from the claws of death .

      When Bullock found Teddy, the young shifter was laying on the ground unconscious. The boy was starved for over three days and when he finally found a piece of musty bread, a homeless man threatened to kill him for the piece of food. The young shifter refused to give it up, so the beggar pushed him into a wall, making him hit his head onto the bricks and lose consciousness. If Bullock didn't have a mission in that part of the town, Teddy might have been dead right now. He might have been swallowed into a cask of endless slumber...

      ...like the one overtaking his senses at the moment. The closet was warm and cozy, and just like the time he has been attacked, Teddy felt his eyelids drift closed and consciousness sleep away. Only that this time there was no Bullock to save him. He was striking towards his inevitable doom...

     Doom named Sirius Yahontov.

ㅇㅁㅇㅁㅇㅁㅇㅁㅇㅁㅇ

      Finishing his training, nine years old Sirius rushed past the boys playing Hide and Seek and made his way towards his room at the second floor. He tried to move fast and silent, his steps being succinct and quick on the wooden floor like a feather on a pile of wool. And all the time he repeated himself not to look at the young shifters, determined to avoid that happiness of them which always succeeded to make him sour and hurtful. But not because he was jealous. Not because he couldn't take part of their games and he couldn't be their friend.  And absolutely not because he was afraid to get attached of people who might disappear like his parents did.

      Back to the present, Sirius made his way to the second floor, stretching his sore muscles and cracking his knuckles as he entered his room. He placed his gym bag onto the bed and then left for the bathroom, returning with only a towel around his waist and one over his shoulders. 

      Even if he was only nine years old, Sirius had to attend harsh training from the early hours of the morning until the middle of the afternoon. He was the Clan leader's favorite son, and even if there was a true blood successor of Cambodda, everyone knew Sirius was gonna take over the Clan one day. Vicky, the true successor, was loving his free life  too much to give up on it for tought hours of training and annoying bickering from his father. Someone else could bother themselves with heavy duties. He will make the best of his childhood and life and build a family somewhere far away from this hell hole.

     Unlike Sirius who dreamed to become a true leader one day.

....

     Collapsing onto his bed, Sirius closed his eyes and breathed in a deep intake of air.Then he started humming a silent song, his  breath slowly evening out and soft snore leaving his mouth. Only that those weren't his snores.

     Sirius jumped to his feet, making his way towards the corner of the room where his closet was. He then broke the mahogany doors of the furniture open and split the hangers with clothes apart, revealing a small body hidden underneath.

      Something took the air out of Sirius sails at that moment, making his knees weak and chest giddy.  The creature curled into the nets of shirts was so small and adorable, and all Sirius wanted was to cuddle the life out of it. Instead he shook his head and took a fistful of shirts into his palms, pulling them towards his chest and making the sleeping shifter roll out of the closet. The small boy looked around the room confusedly and then turned to gaze at Sirius with wide blue eyes, gulping loudly as his stare came in contact with the mad lightnings of Sirius glare.

      "I-I..."

      "Who are you and what are you doing in my room?!"

        "I'm sorry, I didn't..."

       "You didn't what? Why were you sleeping in my closet? Who even let you in?!"

      Teddy whimpered, looking at the ground with teary eyes. He hated when someone screamed at him. He hated when he made people upset.

       "I didn't know this was your room. We were playing Hide and Seek and I split away from the others...then I fell asleep."

      Sirius crossed his arms around his chest, stomping his foot against the floor peevishly. Then he opened his mouth to scream some more, being stopped midway when a group of five appeared into the threshold of his room.

     "Teddy!" Nash breathed out in relief, dashing to the younger shifter and engulfing him in a tight embrace. Sirius bit the inside of his cheek at this but kept silent as Vicky walked forward into the room and caught his gaze.

      "I am sorry for bothering you, brother! We promised Bullock to take care of Teddy but somewhere along the game we lost him. He is new and doesn't know the rules around the Clan yet."

       Sirius rolled his eyes, letting his hands fall numbly by his sides and body collide back with the bed.

       "Then stop playing around and teach the boy what he needs to know! I swear you are just a bunch of idiots wasting time on nothing." Sirius spat tiredly, making Vicky respond a small apology and then excuse him and the boys out of the room.

      Once left alone Sirius closed his eyes and faced the wall, a fiery hate blooming into his heart against the new shifter every time his pretty face appeared behind his closed eyelids and into his dreams.

     Sirius is supposed to like only his future mate.