Chapter 48

[Hey! Enjoy!]

_________________________________

Magnus quickly pulled me into a hug. He held me tight and I smiled. I heard him sigh out of relief.

"You scared me." He said and I frowned. What was there to be scared about? I mean everything went effortlessly.

"The angels were showing resistance. A lot. The whole institute was about to break down." Magnus said and now I realised that there was some dust on Magnus's glittery jacket.

"But..." I said confused. When there was a sort of earthquake in Alec's mind. It wasn't Azazel... It was the angels...

But why would they stop me from getting into Alec's mind. This would helps us... It would save Alec's life...

"There was blood coming out of your eyes, ears and nose. I thought the angels were killing you slowly." Magnus replied scared and I frowned.

The angels wouldn't do that, would they?

"I don't think angels have the capacity to kill a shadowhunter..." I said slowly and softly. I saw how Magnus frowned at me.

"Don't you know? Angels do kill the ones that don't obey them but it doesn't happen that often. The angels haven't been on the ground for centuries until you came along. Shadowhunters are starting to fear them now." Magnus said and I looked down.

"So they can kill the ones that protect the world from falling apart but when it comes to our enemies they can't. Yeah sure, our angels are nothing than just lucifers." I said angrily and I saw how shocked Magnus was.

I was probably the first Shadowhunter that spoke of the angels in such a negative matter.

"Why so much hate towards the angels?" Magnus asked confused and I shrugged.

I didn't tell anyone about the fact that I had an argument with angel Raziel... Right after that, we found out about Jace's death... If I would have said anything, I knew that they would have been angrier.

"You are not telling me something." Magnus said and now I sighed.

"I had an argument with angel Raziel." I said softly and Magnus was still looking at me.

"Angel Raziel was here?" Magnus said in confusion and I nodded.

"The night we found out that Jace had died, I met him. I saw him and I said a lot to him." I said and Magnus seemed now a bit concerned.

"He said that Alec and Azazel were linked and that they had tried everything in their power to stop this but they didn't, Magnus." I said and I felt the anger again building up inside of me.

The rage I felt against them was so surreal.

"I lost so much because of it and they could have put an end to it but they didn't. They did nothing." I said and my voice started to break.

Out of anger, I felt sadness and my tears started to stream down my cheeks.

"I lost Alec so many times that hurting makes it hurt more. It makes me want to kill myself." I cried softly and Magnus shook his head immediately.

He pulled me into a hug as I cried again.

"The only thing that kept me from doing so was the uneasiness that I would feel, knowing that my daughter would grow up in a world without her father and mother. I couldn't do it." I cried and Magnus held me tighter.

"The angels did nothing than creating shadowhunters to protect this world and just went back to heaven." I said whilst sobbing.

"You should never think like that. Faith needs her mother and father. She doesn't only need Alec or only you. She needs both of you. Take it from someone who lost his mother but still has his father." Magnus said and I looked at him now.

His eyes were watery but he was still smiling through it.

Magnus was really a strong kind-hearted soul.

"I know that I will never take your mother's place but would it help to know that I am here for you?" I asked with a smile. Magnus chuckled. He heavily nodded his head.

"Yes, a lot." He said and I smiled.

"In a few hours, Izzy will leave for the mission to kill Azazel." I said as I looked at the clock. It was still really dark outside and quiet.

Faith was still asleep and Magnus and I were still surrounded with a bundle of books.

"I know. Before they leave, we can tell Izzy that we have unlinked Alec and that you will kill Azazel." Magnus said and I nodded.

"Are you ready?" Magnus asked.

I thought back to the moment when Azazel possessed Alec for the first time. I was furious and broken but somehow when he did it again, something broke inside of me and I knew that this wasn't just me being angry. I was ranging and I knew that I wouldn't stop until I had killed Azazel.

I knew that I will be the one to put an end to Azazel. I promised him and myself. Azazel doesn't know what is coming for him and he wishes that he hadn't messed with my family.

He was going to wish that he had never met Clary Lightwood.

"I am ready to kill him, Magnus." I said and I knew that I didn't have to explain but I also knew that Magnus understood why.

Azazel had caused too much pain and it was time to end this. I will end this.

"Get some sleep because, in a few hours, I will be waking you up." Magnus said and I nodded.

"Thank you, Magnus and goodnight." I said and he smiled.

"You are welcome, biscuit and goodnight." He wished me and then left the room.

I sighed as I looked at Faith. Tomorrow, we would all be together again. Alec would be here with us for good and we could have a normal family as we intended to have.

I walked over to the bed and laid down. I looked over at the peaceful Faith sleeping.

"Tomorrow we won't be sleeping alone anymore." I whispered as I planted a kiss on Faith's forehead. I saw Faith moving a bit but she still continued to sleep.

Tomorrow Alec will be with us.