Chapter 23

[Make sure to follow me on wattpad and I do hope you all are loving the story! Just enjoy this chapter and please do not kill me for it. So many things are going to happen... Just make sure to vote and comment! By the 20 votes, I will be uploading a new chapter!]

_

I heard Alec calling for me but I totally ignored him. I wanted to know what Azazel said was right. Was I having a baby girl and was she as powerful as he claimed she would be? I started to feel afraid knowing that Azazel knows that I am pregnant. What would he do now? I knocked on the door and one of the Shadowhunter nurses openend the door.

"Miss Lightwood, what can I help you with?" She asked me and from the tone of her voice I could tell that she was surprised to see me. My next appointment was in two weeks. I gave her a small smile.

"Could we find out what the gender is?" I asked her and I could see that she was debating in herself what she should say. I think she was not sure what to say.

"I don't know but your child is special and is growing faster than a normal foetus. We could check otherwise we still have to wait." She said and she let me come inside. I saw Alec running into the room and he stood beside me trying to catch his breath. Was I walking that fast that he could not catch up with me?

"Is everything alright?" I heard Alec asking in worry. I nodded but did not say anything else. I was not sure what to tell him. I was still shaken up by our argument on our wedding day and the hate that I felt inside for Azazel... I just wanted to be happy with Alec and our child but I guess it was not going to happen very soon.

I laid down in bed and waited for the nurse to do the echo. She put a gel on my belly and looking at Alec he figured out what was going on. He held my hand and gave me a reassuring smile. I did not expect this. In fact, I was surprised. A few minutes before he was yelling at me and now we were back to being a normal lovely couple. The nurse put the machine on my belly and looked at the screen.

"What is it?" I asked out of curiosity and looked at the screen. I heard heart beats which made my heart beat faster. I felt my eyes tearing up and when I saw our little baby I could not keep it in anymore.

"It is a girl." She said and I smiled throughout my tears. I looked at Alec who was as well in tears. He squeezed my hands and looked at the screen. I could not believe that I was finally seeing our little girl. We were talking for months about our baby and now finally we could say that it was a girl. We were having an girl.

"Clary, as we already told you. Your pregnancy is special and so is your child. She is growing up too fast and looking at this I can tell that you are pregnant for 37 weeks." She said and I gasped in shock. How was that even possible? I got to find out that I was pregnant five months ago.

"Is she healthy?" I asked terrified and I could hear my voice breaking. I don't know what I would do if she was unhealthy or if something else would have happened to her. A piece of me would die.  I know Alec would too. I was not ready to lose the both of them.

"She is perfectly healthy. She is growing up too fast. That's just due to the angelic source." The nurse said and I sighed out of relief. I looked at Alec who was now smiling too. I admired the screen and seeing our little girl. I couldn't wait to hold her. I just have three weeks and I will meet her.

The nurse left the room and left Alec and I alone. For a second I was cursing her in my mind. Why would see leave me alone with him? But then again she had no idea what was going on between us. I just wish that Alec would understand me but he did not. I know for a fact that he would do the exact same thing as what I did. I knew he would. It was because we loved each other and we were prepared to do anything for each other.

"Clary..." I heard him say softly. I looked at him waiting what he would say. I don't know if he would ask me again what was going on or if he would blame me again for something which was not true. I had no idea...

"Yes?" I asked a bit afraid for his answer. I did not want to have a another argument. I knew I would break down again. I loved him and us fighting kills me - and my hormones did not make it easier for me.

"I am sorry for not-" He got interrupted by a loud bang. My heart jumped and I looked at Alec in shock. The alarm went off and Alec gave me a look as I stood up. I knew that he did not want me to go but I had too. I would not let him fight alone and especially when Azazel was after him.

"I love you okay and I love our girl but please for her sake stay here." Alec begged me as he knew that something bad would have happened if I would leave the room. It was almost like he was saying goodbye. I shook my head and held his hand tight. Something inside me made me so terrified for losing him.

"Don't leave me." I breathed out as my tears were streaming down. He came closer to me and held my cheeks with his hands - and pulled my face closer his. I could feel him breath something that I always wanted to feel. Only to know that he was okay.

"I won't. I love you." He said and kissed me. Our kiss was short as it got interrupted by another loud bang. I heard Shadow hunters rushing and screaming - and somehow I felt like loads were dying. I had no idea what was going on but it scared me.

"I love you." I breathed out when he pulled out of the kiss. He gave me a small smile and let his hand rest on my womb. I smiled and admired watching him being a dad already.

"I love you." He whispered and now my tears would not stop. It really felt like Alec was saying goodbye and that Azazel would be the reason for him to not come back to me anymore.

"I will be back." He said and kissed my forehead before rushing out of the room. I closed my eyes and let my tears drown my emotions. I sighed it all out and opened my eyes again. I felt anxious each second I stayed in this room alone. I had to know if my Alec was okay and if the others were okay. I walked out of the room and as I saw unconscious shadow hunters laying on the floor I started to run to the main office.

I gasped when I saw Alec fighting Azazel. Jace was injured and Izzy was unconscious. No, this is not happening. Alec smashed Azazel's head on the glass table and the glass table broke into million pieces. Azazel chuckled and pushed Alec away from him. He held his head and moved backwards - and held Alec's hand behind his back. Azazel held a seraph blade against Alec's neck.

"NO!" I screamed in horror and ran closer towards him. I saw the terrified look on Alec's face and I knew he was cursing me for coming upstairs but I could not let this happen. I could not let Azazel ruin my life again.

"Come on. You know I would not kill him. I need him." Azazel said and I felt my heart falling out of my chest. Alec looked at me confused and it was a matter of time before he puts the pieces of the puzzle together.

"Why can't you leave us alone?" I asked him annoyed and almost begged him. I just wanted him to leave us alone so we could have a happy life that we deserved. Azazel laughed and shook his head.

"I am a greater demon. We are known to make chaos and get what we want. That's what I am doing now. I want your husband, you and your child." He said and I gasped in shock. Why was he after our child. Alec quickly kicked him and ran towards me. He pushed me behind him so he could be my shield to protect me. Azazel laughed.

"Pathetic." He snapped.