Chapter 11

[THE SPECIAL 1K CHAPTER! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE 1K YOU GUYS ARE AMAZING OMG!]

Alec had carried me to our bedroom and I was waiting for him to come back. I was relieved knowing that our child was safe and I couldn't help but feel special. Our child was special. It was a sign of true love and was blessed by the angel.

"You have got everyone already excited." I whispered to my womb and smiled. I couldn't wait to meet our child. Somehow, I had a feeling that our baby would be just like Alec.

"You are right. Everyone is excited." I heard a voice say and I looked up and my eyes met Isabelle's. She smiled at me and sat down at my bed and held my hand.

"I can't believe that I am becoming an aunt." Izzy said out of disbelief and I smiled shyly.

"It is still a lot to take in. Especially because Alec and I hid everything." I said and Izzy nodded. From the very beginning, Alec and I tried hiding our relationship and after that we did not even announce that we were engaged. Jace found out while we were arguing with one another.

"But it is a blessing. I can see how happy you make him. Especially after Max." Izzy said and looked down as she pronounced Max his name. My heart dropped and I looked down. Max would be so amazed by this. He always knew that I had an eye on Alec.

"I know." I said softly and tears started forming in my eyes as I remembered his beautiful little smile. I missed Max a lot and I felt guilty for his death. He tried helping me and paid the price. I wanted to kill Azazel more than anything. He had taken so much from us.

"No tears. I am sure Max is watching over us. Together with the angel. He even might be the reason that your child is blessed." Izzy said with full of hope in her voice and I looked at her and saw the tears in her eyes. I hugged her tight.

The Lightwood siblings always protected one another. Jace, Izzy, Alec and Max, they would do anything for each other. Alec always protected his small siblings and it killed him when he saw Max his lifeless body laying down in the institute.

I closed my eyes as I saw the memories coming in a flash.

"I miss him so much." Izzy cried in my shoulder and I bit on my underlip, in order to not start crying. I felt her pain. I lost my whole family because of Valentine. I lost my mother. I felt every inch of pain that Izzy was feeling.

"I know... I miss him too." I whispered as I held Izzy tight. Loud sobs were leaving her mouth and she pulled out of the hug.

"I am sorry, Clary. I need to be alone." Izzy said as I saw her hand shaking. I frowned at her and she ran out of the room before I could say anything. I stood up and saw a confused Alec standing in the door.

"What happened?" He asked me shocked when he saw his little sister running out crying and saw the wetness of my cheeks. I sighed and I did not want to tell him why Izzy and I were crying but if I had lied he would have know so there was no point of it.

"We just remembered Max... And others we have lost." I said softly and I saw the broken expression on Alec his face. Now I regretted mentioning Max his name.

"I..." Alec stammered and it broke my heart. I knew for a fact that Alec blamed himself and still did not forgive himself for Max his death. I wish we could bring Max back because seeing everyone broken killed me.

"Alec it is not your fault." I said and Alec looked at me and I saw anger flashes in his eyes. I was not really sure why. He threw the food in his hand on the floor and I flinched as he came closer to me.

"Really? Because I still remember that I killed him with my bare hands!" He shouted and I gasped when he raised his voice at me. I looked at him with fear in my eyes and begged the angel to calm Alec down.