Chapter 44

[Hello everyone! I have something coming up for all of you. I came with an idea to make A Psychotic series. Psychotic is the first book I have written but it started off right away with Alec being out of Azazel's possession. I wanted to make a book that would show how Alec and Clary met and how they fell in love and how Azazel took control over Alec. Just let me know in the comments if you think it is a good idea!]

_

As I was watching over Faith, I heard someone knock on the door. I luckily already had a shower to freshen myself up whilst Faith luckily wasn't crying.

"The door is open." I shouted and I heard someone open the door. I saw Magnus walking inside together with Izzy. I immediately stood up when I saw Isabelle walking inside.

Isabelle always looked flawless. She always looked at her best but now it was the opposite. She had massive dark circles underneath her eyes, her eyes were red and swollen which I assumed must be because of crying. Her skin was pale as if she was running low on blood. When she was walking in, I could see that she was holding onto Magnus's arm.

"Isabelle, are you okay?" I asked. I knew that she was far away from being just okay but looking at her, for me it felt like she was physically ill. Isabelle looked at me and I feared that she was going to break down again.

Yesterday, it was hard to calm her down... I felt like I was about to break down with her and I knew that wouldn't do any good to her. If she would cry now again, I knew for sure that I couldn't stop myself from crying.

"I am okay." She said softly and she looked over at Faith. Somehow, her eyes had this sparkle again when she looked at her niece. She had this small smile around her lips. She let go of Magnus's arm and walked over to Faith.

I looked over at Magnus who was worriedly looking at Isabelle. There was no sign of Simon, so I had no idea where he was. The last few days there was literally no sign of him.

"She hasn't said a word until now." Magnus whispered into my ear. Both of us were just staring at Isabelle whilst she was holding Faith. She was sitting down at the corner of my bed...

"Simon said that she was just crying her eyes out when he got to her. She wouldn't talk." Magnus said softly, hoping that Isabelle wouldn't hear him. I frowned and looked at Magnus.

"Where is Simon?" I asked out of curiosity. I saw him yesterday night, storming in his room to get to Isabelle but where was he before.

I don't want to be suspicious at all but knowing that Alec and Azazel are out there and now Jace dead, there could be a lot happening without us even realising. Maybe Azazel was up to something again but this time using Simon. I sighed. Yes. Azazel made me paranoid.

"He was out to find out what happened to Jace." Magnus said.

"Did he find out?" I asked. I was scared to find out. Magnus nodded his head.

Ever heard of the saying that death was the painful truth and life was a beautiful lie. That's exactly how I felt right now. I wanted to believe a beautiful lie, hoping that Jace had died due to an accident but the painful truth was going to be that Alec and Azazel were included in this... They caused his death. I just knew it.

"He did..." Magnus whispered softly and I now saw that Isabelle was looking towards us. I guess she heard us. She walked over with Faith in her hands closer to us.

"What..." Izzy whispered in shock. Faith was smiling as a baby she clearly was a happy one. Even though she had no idea what was going around, there was this sadness in her eyes...

"Izzy... It is better if you-" Isabelle shook her head, interrupting Magnus.

"I want to know. I need to know." She said and I saw Magnus sighing.

"Alec had once damaged the towers in Idris and it seemed that he was going to that again when Jace was there on clave business." Magnus said and he took a break to be able to breath meanwhile.

"When Jace saw Azazel reaching for the towers he went there with a couple of Shadowhunters to stop them but they were late. Alec already took the towers down and the demons that escaped from Edom, fired on the Shadowhunters... including Jace... That's why the burn marks were on him... He died because a demon fired a fire ball on him and a couple of other Shadowhunters." Magnus said and his voice kept on breaking the whole time.

Isabelle was quiet and she looked down as some tears escaped her eyes. This was what I feared... I knew that Alec and Azazel had to do something with Jace's death... I felt guilt... I should have stopped this...

"What about Idris now?" I asked.

"Idris is still under attack but thanks to the warlocks the demons can't escape Idris." Magnus said and I sighed out of relief. I knew a lot of lives had been lost but knowing that a million of lives have been saved now made me feel a lot better.

"We are going to Idris." Isabelle said as she looked up. Faith was playing with Isabelle's necklace, trying to put it in her mouth.

"We can't go to Idris. It is too risky." I said quickly.

"Clary is right, going to Idris is a suicide mission. We can't do that." Magnus said.

"Then how did Simon find out?" Isabelle asked and I could see the fear in her eyes. She has lost her brothers, losing Simon would kill her.

"He went there together with me... We found some Shadowhunters that managed to hide themselves but the rest were dead." Magnus said and the pain that was shot at me by just hearing that made me want to bail my eyes out.

"Izzy, we found a way to kill Azazel... We just need to get to Alec and him..." I said and I saw the shock on her face. Some kind of happiness was there too see and even hope. Hope that her big brother could be back... Her only brother.

"Clary, there is something else that should happen..." Magnus said a bit worriedly. I looked over at him now with the same concern.

"Azazel is linked to Alec. If we kill Azazel. Alec dies too." Magnus said softly and I shook my head... Hearing that Alec could die gave me an massive amount of anxiety... Everything that I was going to do was for him to get back... but if we can't unlink him from Azazel than everything was for nothing...

[Let me know in the comments what you think about creating a book where Alec gets possessed from the start! I am still not really sure about it so please let me know whether it is a good idea or not! Please vote for the chapters too!]