Chapter 3: First Contact

Steve braced himself for whatever it was that was coming through the woods. He clenched his fists, ready to throw a punch at a moments notice.

Then, a pink, four legged creature stepped through the tree line, and into the clearing. It had a curly tail, large brown eyes, tufts of pink fuzz, floppy ears, and a large snout. It walked up to Steve and looked up curiously at him. It gave a snort and nudged his leg.

"Pig." Steve said. He screwed his face up. How did he know that? The pig snorted again, sniffing his pants leg. Suddenly, Steve forgot his worry about not knowing, and burst out laughing. The pig looked at him curiously again, cocking its head to the side and staring.

Steve scratched its ears gently. "Well, if everything here looks like you, piggy, I think I'll be in fine shape. Wanna come on an adventure with me?"

The pig didn't say anything of course, but it didn't even make a noise. It just stared at him, like he was something suspicious. "Ah whatever. Come along with me, good sir," Steve said as he started walking towards the trees. "I could use the company."

The pig still seemed almost suspicious of him, but it followed Steve into the forest.