Food And Water

Always keep a full water bowl in your gecko's tank. It is important to have a water source available at all times. Make sure to mist the tank twice daily as crested geckos like to lick water droplets off of the tank walls and decorations. 

       Crested geckos thrive on both fruit mixes and insects. Feed your crested gecko in the evening. Babies and juveniles will need to be fed every day. Adults should be fed about three times per week. These geckos thrive off of crested gecko diet mixes, such as Pangea and Rapashy. These are powders that can be mixed with water and then fed to your geckos. If you are planning to feed your gecko these mixes exclusively, be sure to use a complete gecko diet (it should be written on the bottle). Some cresties are picky eaters, and will not eat certain flavors. Crested geckos can also be fed insects, though only as a supplement to their diet and never as their primary diet. Appropriate insects include crickets, feeder roaches, waxworms, and mealworms. If the idea of feeding live insects freaks you out, luckily crested geckos can live on only prepared diets. Young crested geckos will grow faster if their diet is supplemented with the occasional insect. If feeding insects, make sure to gut load and dust the insects. 

        A new gecko may take a few days to start eating on its own due to the stress of being in a new environment.