Chapter 13: Pleasant surprises

"Overthinking what?" a small, soft voice asked.
The bold nugget turned to see her: the nugget he saved, the nugget that helped him win over a crowd, the nugget that made his chickeny heart beat tenfold. He got lost in those crumb eyes, swimming in the pool of beauty that was her face.

"Hey, um, are... you okay?" said the beautiful nugget, crumb eyes filled with worry seeing as the nugget boy hadn't answered his question.

"Huh? Oh, y-yeah! I-I'm okay!" exclaimed the nugget, only now noticing that the female nugget was standing in front of him. The male nugget was blushing like crazy. His small crumb heart was beating at a fast pace, something he had never felt with any other nugget.

"That's good then..." she trailed off, a bit concerned for her fellow nugget. "So, do you need help with anything?" She smiled brightly in hopes to ease the bold nugget's odd expression. It seemed to only make his countenance look more worrisome.

The young chicken bit tried to lean against the wall coolly, only to trip. "What makes you say that?" he chuckled out abashedly.

"Well... you didn't look quite okay even though you said you were and I figured it was because you might have needed some help. More like advice?" answered the female nugget, not finding the exact words to reply to the boy's question.

"Nah, I'm good. Just some thoughts running around my head. I can assure you that there's nothing to worry about! I'm fine! See?" the nugget then showed her his brightest smile, despite all the worried thoughts in his head.

"If you insist," she shrugged off her concern with her nonexistent shoulders and turned to leave.

"W-wait!"

The soft spoken nugget turned back around to face him. "Yes?"

"Actually, I was wondering if you'd like to, uh, volunteer for this thing that I'm holding," he rushed through the sentence. "I totally understand if you don't want to, and it might be dangerous. I mean not that they're dangerous, but everyone else might be, and--"

"Who? Dangerous?" she cut him off, with her breaded eyebrows furrowed.

"Well- um- you know Monsta X, right? Oh wait, why am I asking you that?? Of course you know them! You've already met them and Jooheon even-" the male nugget stopped panicking as he heard the girl cutely giggling at him. The courageous nugget couldn't help but stare at the smiling beauty before him. He hadn't noticed that he was staring at her for a long time, until he noticed the girl staring back at him.

"I-I u-uhm I j-just-"

"Calm down. Take a deep breath and take your time. I'm not gonna go anywhere!" the beautiful nugget smiled warmly at the stuttering nugget, making the latter's crumb heart do flips.

"Sorry, heh. I just-" He cut himself off, taking a slowly inhaling to collect his thoughts. "I wanted to ask if you'd like to help me find Monsta X. The president called me up to discuss keeping contact with them, I guess. She wants me to try talking to them. But that's kinda hard to do since humans can't understand us. We need some form of communication though! I don't know? Maybe like..." The gears in his meaty brain turned.

"...a code," they both said at the same time.

"But... what kind of code would that be?" asked the female nugget.

"Well, I've seen them write... dots? I never understood what that was. I figured it was some sort of communication." said the brave nugget, recalling the day he exited the utopia and saw two men writing dots and lines on a piece of paper as he passed the park.

"Do you think they'd understand it?"

"We have to try."

-------

A/N: hAi POTATO IN DA HOUUUUSSSEEEE!
aNyWaY, if you're still reading this then you are a very kind hooman and I hope you have a great day/night!