Chapter 10: Fluffing Adorable

The brave nugget kept on stabbing Jooheon's hand with his sharpened toothpick. But as he kept on stabbing the hungry boy, he noticed that there was no visible wound. The small nugget could hear Jooheon wincing as he stabbed him again, but he couldn't puncture the beast's skin.

"What??? Why isn't this working?! This always works!" cried the nugget as he glared at the giant in front of him.

Jooheon looked down at what was poking his hand. It was, to his surprise, a chicken nugget! Looking at the tiny thing trying so hard made his heart melt. The sight was adorable. He smiled and cooed at the little piece of breaded chicken.

"Is he...cooing at me?" frustrated nugget thought, confused. "No! He should be quaking in fear!"

Suddenly, he heard from above in a soft, high-pitched voice, "Kkukkukkakka!" When the nugget looked up, he saw the giant smiling at him, making a peace sign.

"W-what is this? W-what is this monster doing?" said the nugget as he was surprised by the giant's cute actions. The more cute noises and cute actions, the less anger he had in his crumb heart.

"What kind of sorcery is this? What is this weird feeling?" questioned the small nugget as he could feel his frozen heart melting little by little. "That's...fluffing adorable."

The giant even gently set down the female nugget for him. Perhaps they weren't the monsters they thought they were. Perhaps they are friendly giants. Perhaps they were never aware of the complexities of nugget life. Perhaps perhaps perhaps. What the young nugget couldn't understand was why such a gentle creature would commit such monstrous acts?

"Hello, Jooheon!" the young nugget shouted up to the man. "Thank you for setting my...friend down! But I must ask, why do you eat us so savagely?"

Jooheon then looked at the nugget, wondering why it was swaying in his palm. As he moves his head to the swaying nugget he could hear a slight buzzing coming from the little nugget. As Minhyuk could also hear the noise, he asked, "What's that sound? Is there a bee?!"

"A bee?! Where?!" Kihyun asked as he hid behind Shownu.

"But I don't see any bee anywhere," stated Shownu as he looked at Kihyun who was now trembling.

"Guys, I don't think there's a bee. I think it's coming from the nugget," said Jooheon as he showed the fried chicken chunk to his friends.

The nugget tried to do what humans called "nodding his head" to show Jooheon he was correct. However, the nugget didn't have a head. Or any body part for that matter. Instead, he ended up flopping around in Jooheon's palm. This, as to be expected, frustrated the nugget.

After thinking for a while, he called out to his fellow former fowl. Gathering all his courage, he spoke as authoritatively as possible, "Citizens of Nuggettopia, drop your weapons! These men are not to be harmed. They don't seem to have bad intentions."

One nugget in the crowd cried out, "How should you know? You're just a runaway teenager!"

This caused an uproar. Nuggets in the crowd shouted, "They ruined our streets!" "They broke our walls!" "They ate our families!" Yelling and screaming broke out, and the nuggets raised their toothpicks chanting, "Attack Monsta X! Attack Monsta X!"

"Well that's not how I expected that to go," the little nugget thought to himself.

-------
A/N: Whatever shall protagonist do in such harrowing times? Find out next time on Dragon Ball Z! Jk, Grapes here! Hope you guys are enjoying the story so far. We love responding to comments, so do leave them!

A/N: (Potato) aLsO, Grapes and I have decided to update in 1-7 days. Since we've been getting busier and school's started, we had less time to write. So, thank you for reading and have a good day/night!