Chapter 12: A Newer Start

After multiple trips to the fast food restaurant (and even more explanations to their manager about their questionable nugget consumption), they successfully repopulated the city. All the new nuggets were overjoyed at having a home, while the old nuggets were excited to have new nuggets to call family.

"Woah! It's so beautiful here!" exclaimed a new young nugget, excited to find a new home.

"Everything is so pretty! I feel so lucky to be here!" said the new nugget's twin brother.

As the two nugget twins were running around the utopia's park, their parents were watching them, happy to see that their children were content in their new life, away from the dangers of the outside world.

The president of the small piece of nuggety heaven looked around the renewed paradise. She stood proudly over her nation, watching in delight as the nugget people ran, jumped, and played. Tiny crumb steps echoed off the walls; the president turned around to greet her visitor.

"Um, Ms. President? You asked me up here?" a small voice asked. The nugget leader saw the small male nugget quietly tremble in his spot.

"Indeed I did, young one."

"May I ask why I have been called here?"

"You saved Nuggettopia and I simply wished to officially extend a crumb arm of gratitude."

"Oh! You're welcome I guess." The young nugget was a bit shocked. "I'm...not going to be punished for leading Monsta X here...am I?"

"Oh, certainly not. You were right, they are friendly creatures. Do you perhaps know where the seven boys are? I would like to thank them for rebuilding the entrance."

"Well... I'm not entirely sure, but they might be where I found the new nuggets. I've heard them talk about a building. They called it a 'dorm'. I have never been there so I do not know where it is, Ms. President."

She hummed in thought. "Perhaps that's the name for the human world? Or maybe a restaurant? Either way, you must have some form of communication."

"Not really," the typically daring nugget mumbled, quite abashed.

"What do you mean "not really"? How did you get Monsta X to rebuild the entrance then?" asked the president of the utopia, crumb brows scrunched up in confusion.

"Um... I'm not able to communicate with them without the other nuggets." said the nugget, feeling pathetic knowing that he can't speak the human language. "Look at me! I don't even have a mouth!"

The President stared at the young nugget boy. "Excuse me?" She seemed taken aback.

"Did I say that out loud?" The older nugget simply gestured affirmatively.

"Perhaps you should find some sort of communication that doesn't require...mouths."

"I- um- y-yeah I s-should" said the embarrassed nugget, making his way to his home.

"Wait!" said the president, making the young piece of chicken halt in his tracks.

"Yes?" the nugget said coolly, trying to hide his embarrassment.

"Would you like for me to send other nuggets with you on your journey to find Monsta X?" questioned the female nugget.

"That would be nice actually," he responded, grateful for the offer.

"Wonderful. I will enlist some volunteers and you all can leave by tomorrow morning," she said with a smile. Some other nugget escorted the brave nugget out of the esteemed establishment.

"I hope I can find them easily. But... how can I talk to them without the other nuggets? They don't seem to be able to understand me," thought the nugget as he walked towards his home. The small nugget was trying hard to think of ways to communicate with the seven boys. But as time passed by, he couldn't find one solution to his problem.

"ARGH! What am I going to do?" said the nugget, feeling as though his only solution was to give up. "I need to stop overthinking!" he yelled in the middle of the street.

"Overthinking what?" a small, soft voice asked.

-------
A/N: Grapes here! Who do you guys think it is? Also, blame me if this updates slowly. I'm super sorry, but keep on the lookout for more chapters!