Chapter 9: Feast

"Argh! What's that bright light??" yelled Kihyun while squinting his eyes in the flash.

"A-... are those the nuggets?" questioned Shownu as the light's brightness had lessened.

Eventually, the six other boys had opened their eyes. As they looked at the broken wall, they noticed the many walking nuggets. The nuggets were doing what they usually do, oblivious to the seven giants eyeing them while drooling at their heavenly nugget scent.

"Woah! They look so... delicious!" said Hyungwon with pure hunger.

"Didn't you say that they would 'poison us to death'? asked Wonho as he raised an eyebrow at Hyungwon.

Hyungwon put a hand to his chest, scandalized. "I never said such a thing? How dare you!" He lightly punched Wonho's bicep.

Wonho acted out being injured, clutching his arm. "You wound me! You're lucky you're cute."

Shownu coughed awkwardly. "Ummm... are you two lovebirds done?" asked Shownu.

"Are we going to eat them or not?" asked Jooheon, growing more and more impatient as each minute goes by.

"Yeah! Let's eat!" Minhyuk screamed, bouncing like an overeager puppy. The seven bottomless stomachs began grabbing random nuggets and stuffing them in their vacuum-like mouths.

One nugget was just peacefully walking in the nugget park until it was lifted into the air.

"W-wait! W-what's happening???" the chosen nugget thought as he could feel the air going through his crummy features.

While the innocent nuggets were being gobbled up by the group, the bold nugget was paralyzed in his place seeing his fellow nuggets being eaten.

"I did this. I brought them here. I was stupid," the little nugget thought to himself. "How could I be so rash? So foolish? People are getting hurt and it's all my fault."The internal accusations only grew louder and louder, the roaring drowning out anything else. He retreated to a corner to cry. The destruction was too much to bear.

Suddenly, he heard a familiar scream. It was the female nugget from earlier! Though he had only known her for a short time, he felt some sort of...connection to her. Then it clicked: he had to fight off the giants and make up for his mistake. He had to save his city.

The scared nugget wiped his breadcrumb tears and stood up, determined to take revenge on the seven hungry idiots. The small nugget was no longer scared, he was now filled with courage, hope, determination, and fury.

"You have all tormented our ancestors, our families, and our friends. But that will all end NOW!" said the determined nugget as he charged with full speed at Jooheon with his sharpened toothpick, anger visible in his eyes.

As the other chicken bits saw the brave nugget charge at the seven monsters, they too mustered the courage to fight the boys.

The daring nugget bounded up Jooheon's arm. The wind rushed by his bready ears, drowning out the last drops of fear he had. Each leap he took only strengthened his resolve. However, when he was halfway up, the arm shifted. He could feel himself slowly slipping down.

"Not today!" He grunted and used all his might to cling to the moving tower that was Jooheon's arm. Once the arm stopped, he continued his ascent. Finally, he got on top of the hand. He was so close to the female nugget.

"Don't worry! I got you!" he called out to her.

After a while of no response, he was worried the wind had drowned out his voice. But she called back, "I always knew you did! Now beat him!"

And he did. He plunged the toothpick into the back of the giant's hand.

----------
A/N: Hi! Potato here!

I just noticed that there was 609 words in the chapter (excluding the note).The zero just HAD to get in the way! *le SiGh*