Chapter 8: A New Discovery

The six worried boys hurriedly followed the path of breadcrumbs hoping to find their youngest. Despite how often they tripped, headbutted, and fell on each other, they somehow found their way to that small alleyway. Albeit a bit confused at the beginning, the band members did eventually find Changkyun squatting in front of the wall.

Kihyun was the first to speak up. "Yah! Changkyun, why did you run all the way out he--" He cut himself off at smelling something so familiar.

"Why do I smell chicken nuggets?" asked Wonho as he also smelled the chickeny scent. Hearing Kihyun and Wonho, Changkyun snapped out of his nugget-induced daze.

"Hyung?" Changkyun looked up at them from his crouched position. "I think...I think the nuggets are in there." He pointed at the hole by his knees.

"What the- how could they be in there?! That's impossible!" exclaimed Hyungwon, not believing what the youngest said.

"You can look for yourself if you want to, hyung," Changkyun responded, finding it a bit crazy himself.

Hyungwon froze. He still couldn't accept the fact that chicken nuggets were able to move.

"Well? Aren't you going to look?" asked Shownu seeing that the male was stuck to his place.

"No, I don't need to. I'm probably in one of my 24 hour long naps right now. This is all fake, and I'm going to wake up to Kihyun yelling at me," Hyungwon attempted to rationalize.

"First off, that's called a coma, Wonnie. Second, we're all definitely awake. I'll even pinch you," Minhyuk stated as he began to reach out to pinch Hyungwon's arm.

"Ouch! Why did you pinch me so hard though?!" asked Hyungwon while glaring at his friend.

"To prove you're awake! Besides, it was a love pinch," Minhyuk said cutely.

"What do you mean that was a love pinch?! There was no love in that!" stated Hyungwon while backing away from Minhyuk.

Minhyuk kept walking forward, backing Hyungwon up. Minhyuk slightly nodded at Changkyun and BAM! They both tripped Hyungwon so he was sitting right in front of the hole. The nuggety scent immediately filled his nostrils. When he looked inside, he practically jumped 10 feet in the air.

"AAACK! Th-there are nuggets. And they m-move. But I thought n-nuggets weren't able to move?? What kind of sorcery is this???" Hyungwon was about two seconds away from a mental breakdown.  Wonho picked up the twig boy and rocked him like a baby until he calmed down.

"Y-you can let me go now, Wonho," said Hyungwon as he realized that Wonho hadn't let go of him for a long time.

"Oh, heh, right," Wonho nervously chuckled, placing Hyungwon back on the ground.

Jooheon stepped up to look at the wall. "Well I guess that settles it. The nuggets are alive."

"Well then, shall we dig in?" said Kihyun as he hungrily licked his lips.

"Wait- Why would you eat magic nuggets?? Who knows, eating them might just poison us to death or something!" said Hyungwon while panicking.

"I don't think the nuggets would poison us. And besides, it's free food! I wouldn't want to miss this once in a lifetime opportunity!" argued Kihyun as he looked through the small hole once again.

"Kihyun's got a point. We're still hungry from all the work we've done. And I'm sure that you are too, Hyungwon," said Shownu as he eyed the small hole while imagining what the chicken nuggets would taste like.

As if on cue, Hyungwon's stomach started to grumble.  "Ugh, fine. But how would we even get in there?" he questioned.

"I'm sure there's some way to break in," Jooheon said, walking forward with rapid punches.

He and Minhyuk then began boxing with the wall. Seeing that it didn't work, Minhyuk hoisted Jooheon up and used him as a battering ram. Changkyun and Kihyun, frustrated at Minhyuk and Jooheon's failed attempts, began running into the wall repeatedly. Then Shownu straight up pounded on the walls. Wonho and Hyungwon also joined in kicking and screaming.

The sight of seven fully grown men screaming for nuggets in the middle of the night was a bizarre scene for the passersby. The group of loud idiots received many weird stares and horrified glances, but they were too wrapped up in their nugget-fueled frenzy.

With all their combined effort, the wall crumbled, and a bright flash pierced the dark alleyway.