Chapter 11: A Compromise

In attempts to win them over, he mustered all his confidence. "I know, what they did was horrible. But maybe...there was a misunderstanding. If there's any chance that we can solve this peacefully, we should take those chances." The crowd didn't seem to calm down. Discouraged, he shrunk into himself.

"That nugget saved me!" a voice cried out from within the chaos. A hush soon rippled out among the crowd. It was the female nugget. "It was his quick thinking that helped me and my entire box escape. We've seen the outside world."

"What, is that true?" asked a nugget, doubting the female nugget's statement.

"Yes! Yes it's true!" said a nugget from the box they had escaped.

Murmurs were heard around the utopia. Many of the nuggets believed that the new nuggets were crazy, but some believed that the chicken chunks' statements were true. As whispers began filling the crowd, the bold nugget spoke again.

"Nuggets, please hear me out! We can end this peacefully. We must deliver a message to them since they don't understand our language."

Monsta X simply witnessed the wall full of nuggets buzzing and jumping. It sounded like the inside of a beehive. Soon, all the nuggets began moving again. While the nuggets were moving into formation, the seven boys were watching them in awe.

"Wow, are they trying to talk to us?" asked Changkyun, seeing the nuggets forming letters.

"That's amazing! I never knew that nuggets were this smart!" remarked Shownu, dumbstruck by the chicken bits' intelligence. After a few minutes of watching the chicken nuggets, they were able to make out a small message: "Why do you attack our city?"

"Attack your...city?" Wonho read aloud, confused. "You guys are living here. Do you guys have jobs? And families?"

Wonho's face filled with dread and regret as the chicken nuggets formed the word "Yes." Now it was Hyungwon's turn to try to calm Wonho down. He tried to pick Wonho up, but couldn't, as Hyungwon was still a walking paper doll. This just resulted in him clinging onto Wonho's back like some overgrown koala.

"Hey, calm down. It's okay, I'm right here," said Hyungwon as he hugged Wonho tighter and continued to tell him more comforting words.

"S-so you've all been hiding from all of us in here?" asked Kihyun, realizing that he had eaten generations of nuggets.

The nuggets then moved again to write their answer: "Yes."

Silence then took over the seven surprised boys, until Changkyun piped up, "Well, to answer your question, we were just hungry."

The nuggets were taken aback by the simple statement, but understood their predicament. Their city would have been complete chaos had it not been for the steady supply of bread crumbs.

"We're sorry. We get really excited when we see free food. I guess you could say that hunger takes over," explained Minhyuk, guilty from all the damage he's done.

After a moment of silence, Shownu spoke up. "I know, what we did was terrible, but how can we make it up to you?" Buzzing breadcrumbs followed the small question. The members observed what looked like a long back and forth between the nugget in Jooheon's hand and the crowd of nuggets. Eventually, the droning dulled down, and the nuggets formed one big word:

"Rebuild."

"Rebuild? How can we do that?" asked Wonho, who was now calm unlike before.

"What if we gather more nuggets?" questioned Shownu as he glanced at the crowd of nuggets.

"Well? What are you waiting for? Let's go find more nuggets!" Minhyuk said, face lighting up as he dashes towards the open entrance of the utopia.

-------

A/N (Potato): Hello there! :3