The Dresser Drawer Treasure Hunt

Start from the beginning

Perhaps behind or in one of the dresser drawers.

I forced myself to stop thinking my crazy thoughts that were all too common for me.

I'd had similar fantasies in every hotel room and rental home my family ever stayed in. I'd always imagine finding some article of clothing that a girl had left behind by accident. Hopefully a bra, but if it was just a pair of panties or hose or even a short skirt, that would've been okay too.

Who am I kidding? Yeah, I'd prefer to find one of those items, but it wouldn't matter if it was an ankle-length prairie skirt, high-waisted mom jeans, or even even something as simple as a plain cotton nightgown, a slip, or pair of girly ankle socks, I'd still have been just as excited.

Of course, there never was anything left in any drawer I ever looked in, or even under the bed or in the closet or anywhere else. Yet, still, I always checked.

I headed over to the Dresser and checked the top drawer only to find, as usual, it was empty.

No surprise there.

I put my tee shirts in that drawer and then opened the next drawer down. It was also empty and I felt a bit of disappointment.

It would have been nice to find some little something the mystery girl had worn still lying in the drawer.

I imagined that a month ago she stood exactly where I was now, transferring her bras from her suitcase, and her panties. Then maybe she would have some tights or a pretty nightie or something else that girls wore and she'd be putting it in the very same drawers that now held my own boy clothes.

I put my underwear and socks in the drawer and then opened the next drawer down. Surprise, surprise . . . it was also empty.

Why was it so impossible to find a skirt, or a dress, acpair of sheer tights, a pretty pink nightgown, or anything at all in the drawer?

I sighed and began to place my jeans, bathing suit and the rest of my clothes in that drawer. It was a big dresser and I only needed two of its six drawers to hold my clothes.

I felt compelled to open the next drawer and verify for myself that it too was empty.

Sure enough, it was.

I was about to open the last two drawers, when my mother stuck her head in the room and saw that I was done unpacking.

"Very good, Lucas, dinner will be ready in a few minutes, you should come down."

"Okay, mom."

I went to the bathroom to wash up. When I was done I started to go downstairs for dinner, but when I passed my room, the two unopened drawers called out to me.

I debated for a second whether or not I should at least look. Who knew, maybe the whole drawer was filled with girls clothes.

I imagined that my unknown room companion had completely forgotten to empty one of those drawers. I imagined there could be several lacy bra and panty sets in there, one or more pairs of tights and maybe even a pair of heels, all in my size, along with a flirty, thin summer dress.

"Why do I never give up hope?" I thought to myself. "There's never anything, ever."

In any event I realized I had better check out the drawers since if I didn't, it would bug me until I had.

Bending over, I partially opened one of them, took a quick look inside it and was about to close it when something caught my eye.

There was something in it. I froze in a state of disbelief. My breathing become rapid and shallow, my heart rate increased.