The Dresser Drawer Treasure Hunt

School was out and my mom and dad, Marisa and Marvin McConnell, rented a house on the shore of Pearl Lake for our annual start of summer vacation.

Every year we took a trip the weekend following the final day of the school year and every year it was somewhere different.

What wasnt different was that their good friends, Chet and Rochelle Tuckermen and their son Kyle, always went along as well.

This year the Tuckermans rented the next house over, which was about two hundred yards further up the lake front. The two houses were separated by a dense area of trees between them.

My parents and the Lendermen are avid golfers and athletic outdoorsmen. Their plan was to fish, hike, mountain climb, and golf almost every day of this three-week long long vacation.

Me, I'm not really into any of those things, other than fishing, so the Tuckermen's son Kyle, who was also my best friend, and I planned to hang out together during the day and sometimes have sleepovers. We even brought gear so we could camp out on the shores of the lake a few nights.

It was going to be an amazing vacation.

The rental agent for the house had informed my parents that the house was kind of big for three people, in fact, the family that had rented it prior to us had five daughters staying there. But this didn't deter my parents who liked this particular house because of where it sat on a cozy, private section of the lake, overlooking it to the west, which my dad said would mean amazing views of the summer sunsets.

Since five sisters had been staying in the house ahead of me, I realized that I'd probably be staying in a bedroom that at least one of the sisters had occupied and that kinda thrilled me.

I can't adequately describe the feeling of excitement that this information elicited in me. It made me feel like this mystery girl and myself, whoever she was, would share something intimate together.

Maybe some of her girl molecules would still be in the room and I'd end up absorbing them. Maybe I could sort of become a version of her by sleeping in the bed that she had slept in and imagining myself in the same sleep clothes, sleeping in the same spot and position as her.

A chill ran down my spine just thinking about it.

I knew these were crazy thoughts, but deep inside, I felt like I was a girl at heart and I hoped that some kind of magic could connect me to this unknown girl, allowing me to bring out my own femininity.

This was my wild and exciting fantasy anyhow.

After I carried my suitcases up the stairs to the second floor, my mom pointed to one of the bedrooms down the hall from the master bedroom suite and told me it was the biggest of the remaining rooms and suggested I should take that one.

She then instructed me to put my things away in the dresser drawers.

I carried my suitcases into the room and looked around. The room was rather bare aside from a queen size bed, small nightstand and a large, fancy, rustic, wood dresser against the far wall. 

I began to wonder which of the sisters had stayed here. Maybe the oldest. Maybe more than one of them. Whoever she was, I felt for sure that the mystery girl had probably forgotten something of hers when she had left. At least, I hoped she had.

I could imagine the chaos of the five sisters, all running around gathering their bras and panties, skirts and dresses, hose and heels, and swimwear, stuffing them into suitcases in their rush to pack at the last moment.

Maybe they forgot something and maybe even the cleaning person who fixed up the place for us had not noticed the stray bra or pair of panties lying around somewhere.