"Why were you out last night? Do you not have a home to go back to?" She frowned.

"I do, ma'am. I just got into a fight with my mother and usually it's best if I leave." I answered and Ephraim seemed pleased with my answer. I saw Clara's questioning gaze and elaborated. "My mother and I are both Latina women so if we get in a fight it can get pretty heated."

"Ah, I get what you mean." She nodded understandingly.

"That's why I'm here, your son insisted I'd spent the night here instead of staying out by myself." I smiled softly and she smiled back.

"Alright, you can stay for as long as needed." Clara nodded and I thanked her. "It's nothing, dear. I've been in your position and I was very thankful to the people that let me into their home." Okay now I felt bad for lying, I thought as I chewed on my bottom lip. "I'm going to get some sleep and then I have to go to work again."

"Sweet dreams." I smiled at her and she returned it before standing on her toes to kiss Ephraim's cheek. He put the plate infront of me as she walked up the stairs and I looked at the toast messily smeared with Nutella.

"It's nothing too amazing but it's something." He rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly and I chuckled.

"It's fine." I picked up one piece and handed it to him. He just frowned at me confused and I shrugged. "I don't eat by myself." It was true, I either ate with no one around or I shared.

"Thanks." He mumbled before taking a bite. The front door opened again and giggles were heard. "Oh God." He sighed when the door slammed shut.

"Honey, I'm home!" Dashiell's voice echoed throught the house. "Ow!" He exclaimed, rubbing the back of his head as he walked into the kitchen.

"You know Clara is sleeping." Vince hissed, coming joining us as he held a little girl in his arms.

"Lilith?" Dash said with a questioning tone, making me stop chewing and turn to them. I felt like a deer caught in headlights as they all stared at me. "You're awake." He said with a relieved smile and sparkling blue eyes.

"How are you feeling?" Vincenzo asked, moving to the fridge to grab a can of soda. He sat down next to me and pressed it to my cheek, causing me to sigh in delight.

"I'm alright." I nodded, not used to having the three of them direct all their attention to me.

"Who are you?" The little girl asked. "My name is Evangeline, I'm Evie's little sister. I just turned five."

"I can see that." I chuckled. "I'm Lilith." I picked her up and sat her down on my lap. Dashiell's eyebrows shot up in shock, I didn't have a clue why but I didn't really care.

"You're very pretty." She said bluntly, her fingers twirling around my curls.

"Me? Girl, you are absolutely beautiful!" I exclaimed, tickling her tummy and she giggled.

"I know, I'm a lot more pretty than Evie because I'm a princess." She stuck her tongue out to Ephraim.

"Oh please, you puny princess." Ephraim scoffed. "I'm a king, that means I'm much better than you and I'm the boss."

"Pfft, you puny king!" She repeated loudly. "Lilith is a queen so she's much more important than you. A king is nothing without a queen, everyone knows that." She retorted and I laughed at her cheekiness.

"I'm hurt you would betray me like this, hermosa." Eprhaim frowned. "You leave me no choice but to revoke you dessert privileges." He shook his head with fake disappointment and she gasped.

"Fight the patriarchy!" She shouted and pumped her small fist into the air. The boys looked at her like she was crazy while I laughed at the little genius on my lap.

"Who taught you that?" Vince frowned at her and she shrugged.

"My teacher."

"Don't worry, amor." I chuckled softly before lowering my voice. "You can have my dessert." I whispered and she grinned, sticking her tongue out to her brother once again.

"Sorry, mi mariposa." Ephraim sighed. "No dessert at all, mom's got a late shift in a bit. That means me and the boys are attempting to cook and you know what that means."

"Awh, but I hate spaghetti." She sulked and crossed her arms, leaning her back against my chest.

"Preach to that, sister." I nodded in agreement and Ephraim glared at me. "What? I just don't like it."

"Well I can't cook anything else." He scowled angrily.

"I'll cook." I shrugged. "Problem solved."

"Yeah!" Eva cheered and I chucked.

"Are you sure?" Dash asked and I nodded.

"What do you want to eat?" I looked down at Eva and she thought about it for a second.

"Paella." She replied with a small accent. "I've never had it but this other Hispanic girl in my class says that it's the best."

"Alright, paella it is." I agreed. "I do think we need to do some grocery shopping." I suggested and the guys nodded their heads.

"Eva, go do your homework then." Vince said and instantly she was off my lap and racing upstairs. Ephraim's gaze lingered on me, confusion clear in his grey eyes as they studied me closely once again.

"Let's go." I stood up, spotting my shoes by the door.