Chapter 4: Dont Worry

--- Lucy's POV ---

"Lucy..." A familiar voice whispered into my ear. "Lucy~"

I opened my eyes to see blue hair curtained around a pale, beautiful face.

"Wake up."

Suddenly all my memories from last night flooded back into my head. Levy and I walked to the ladies dorms and I met my new room mate. Blue hair...

"We were invited to the coffee shop. Gray-sama might be there." Juvia cooed, gently shaking my shoulders.

I sat up in my bed and rubbed my eyes, yawning lightly. my gaze shifted over to the clock and I immediately tensed. "12:30?!" I shriek and jump up out of my comfortable blankets. "Oh my gods, I really slept in!"

"And that's bad?" Juvia cocked her head to the side.

"It's bad for my eyes." I turn to her, examining myself in the mirror. "I don't want dark circles."

"Juvia isn't sure if that is entirely true." She said slowly, getting up from my bed.

I quickly got dressed in Jean shorts and a black T-shirt, as well as fixing my hair and make up in the bathroom. "Are we leaving right away?"

Juvia nodded and put on her shoes. "we have time." she smiled and opened the door for me.

We both walked out and headed toward the coffee shop I went to last night. Juvia and I seemed to get along nicely, and we only knew each other for a day.

Once the two of us arrived at the Strauss's Shop, I noticed Levy and Erza relaxing at the booth we sat at before. However, they weren't the only people here. Three boys sat in the back. Gray was easily spotted out, as well as the pink haired boy, Natsu. But another man with dark blue hair and a scarlet tattoo around his right eye sat with them.

The bell dinged as we entered the coffee shop, catching the attention of all the customers.

"Lu-chan! Juvia-chan!" Levy called over and my room mate and I walked over joyfully.

Erza and Levy's backs were facing the boys, and honestly, the school president looked a little uncomfortable.

Juvia and I sat down, both of us glancing over at the group of males in the back. No doubt, Juvia was looking at Gray. But I was looking at Natsu. There was something about him that made me curious... something in his eyes.

"Can I take your order?" A low voice asked. We looked up to see a buff man with spiky white hair.

"Ah, elfman." Erza says, shaking off her nervous composure. "a latte please. And a strawberry pastry."

"Hot chocolate and a blueberry pastry, you know. the usual." Levy chirped.

"Water and a coffee cake muffin..." Juvia muttered, lacing her fingers together.

The man looked at me seriously for a moment but soon gave a smile, showing he was actually a nice guy.

"I-iced coffee and a chocolate pastry please." I stuttered and the man, Elfman, wrote everything down before entering the kitchen.

I turned to see Natsu looking at me again, though he quickly looked away to his two friends.

"What's wrong Erza?" Juvia asked, "You look nervous."

"Oh it's just Jellal." Levy giggled, "he's an old childhood friend of hers. he moved away but came back this year."

I glance at the boy with the tattoo and nodded, that must've been him.

"So you have a crush on him?" I teased and looked at the cherry red Erza.

"Nooooooooo-yes..." she sighed and buried her face in her hands. "it's complicated."

"Juvia likes Gray-sama." Juvia sighed dreamily, with little hearts in her eyes.

"We know." Levy nodded and stared out the window.

"Oh, Juvia also notices Lucy looking at Natsu." She added, smirking down at me.

"Wh-what?" I stuttered before shaking my head.

"You're blushing." Levy leaned closer, poking my cheeks. "so you were staring at him."

"Glanced." I corrected, stubbornly. "I glanced at him. Besides, he's the one who was looking at me."

"So bold..." Erza whispered with astonishment.

The girls went on talking to one another as Elfman brought our orders.

I sighed and look back over at Natsu again. Believe it or not, he too was looking at me. But this time we didn't look away immediately. But he smiles and returns to his conversation with Jellal and Gray. I couldn't help myself from smiling as I looked back at my friends who fortunately didn't notice.

---

The next day, I decided to spend by talking to knew people. I met Gray outside of the dorms and fortunately he wasn't half naked. And yes, we became friends surprisingly quicker than you'd think.

We had similar interests and he also had a good sense of humor, all while being very collected and laid back.

"I was gonna go with Natsu to the school to pick up a few things," he said, "Wanna come with?"

Natsu? This would be my first time talking to him. And... I wanted to meet him.

But we have already met, I argued to myself, we see each other... we looked at each other the past few days.

"No... maybe I can hang out some other time." I smile sadly, giving up on the chance, "Besides, I sit next to you in class."

He chuckled and waved goodbye, "say hi to Juvia for me." He mumbled and walked away.

I took in a deep breath before walking back to my room, where Juvia sat reading a book.

"Gray says hi." I say and sat down on my bed, ignoring her squeals of joy.

I looked out the window to see Natsu running up to Gray, catching up with him easily.

"Do you know anything about Natsu?" I ask absentmindedly.

Juvia put down her book and looked straight at me, "well... Juvia heard that his mother died and his father left him. But apparently his dad didn't leave him on purpose." she shrugs and runs a finger across her book. "He stays up late every night just in case his father finally comes to take him back."

I frown and watch as he walks away, "Thats why he's so tired and spaced out all the time?"

"That's what Juvia thinks..." She said sadly and gives me a slight smile. "Don't worry though. He doesn't like people worrying about him."

I nod and lays down. He was different of course but I still wanted to know him.

I really did.