Chapter 5: The Mentors

--- Lucy's POV ---

"Lu-chan!" Levy beamed as I walked into the classroom. "Happy Monday!"

I groaned and flop down in my seat. "How can you say something like that. Mondays' are not a joyous occasion."

She smiled, "I like learning."

"Oh I bet you do."

Mirajane and Lisanna walk over and sit in their seats in front of us. "Hello girls." Mira greeted and scooted her chair back so she could look at us, Lisanna did the same.

"Are you guys going to be working at the shop today?" I ask eagerly, wanting to go there again for... reasons.

"Elfman said he would take the shift." Lisanna informed, "I have a date with my boyfriend, Bickslow."

Levy wiggled her eyebrows at her.

"I just have a lot of AP homework." Mira sighed.

I glance over at the door as I see Gray walk in with his bag swung over his shoulder. He catches my eye and walks over.

"Where's Natsu?" Lisanna asked, looking up at the boy.

"He couldn't sleep last night so he's staying home." he shrugged.

"And you didn't try to stop him? He missed enough work as it is..." Mira scolded.

"Does it look like I care?" He narrowed his eyes and turned his attention to me. "Master Makarov asked for a volunteer to show you around the school. It meant missing out on classes so I'm your guy."

I smile and stood up from my seat. "Great. I don't want to learn about fish again."

He chuckled and put his hands in his pockets. "Oh Erza might be trailing us... she doesn't think I'm mature enough to show you around so... don't be scared."

"Oh." I smile nervously and wave goodbye to my friends before going Gray in the hallways.

"So this is the main hallway and-" he paused as he noticed a figure to our right. A boy with pink hair and dark circles under his eyes. "Natsu?"

"Yo." he said drowsily.

"What are you doing here?"

"I volunteered."

"For what?"

"To show her around." He said, pinging at me.

I blush and avoided eye contact awkwardly.

"But... I'm showing her around. I volunteered first flame brain."

"Correction I did. Yesterday, ice princess." Natsu sneered back stomping towards Gray.

Natsu might've been a tiny bit shorter than him but their were evenly matched no doubt.

"Guys." I intervened and pushed them apart awkwardly, not really understanding the problem. "You can both show me around."

"Good. We'll start with Juvia's first period." Gray said quickly and started strutting off down the hall like this was all according to his plan.

Natsu stood there next to me without saying a word, before starting down the hall. I followed them hesitantly. Natsu volunteered but he doesn't even attempt to talk to me...

"This is the math room." Gray said and opened the door, during the middle of a lesson. "Math class, meet Lucy. Lucy meet math class."

They all waved with uncertainty, except Juvia who was super ecstatic. Partially because of me, but I guessed it was Gray that really made her happy.