41 | Justice

THIRD PERSON POV

"This was too easy. I thought they would be giving us a hard time. I wasn't expecting this at all," Genevieve expresses her concerns.

Just before Genevieve turns to the corner, an enemy guard suddenly barge out from a room and stabbed the countess on her side. Genevieve was surprised by the sudden attack but she didn't the pain takes control of her responsive mechanism.

She grabbed the guard the hair and shove his face onto the wall.

"Countess!" One of the sentinels decided to take over and asked the countess to seek medical attention. While she was being treated, Genevieve asked the sentinel to make a full sweep of the rooms in the mansion.

"I can only do so much for you, my countess. Maybe you should lay back while we ..." Genevieve raised her hand.

"Have you apprehend the supreme leader?" The medic nods his head.

"The captain managed to find him in his lavish room with a woman. They were both hitting it off while we surrounded this place. From the looks of things, it seems like the guards who supposed to protecting this mansion never received proper military training. Maybe that is one of the reasons why it was so easy for us to infiltrate this place," Genevieve wince when the medic suddenly applies pressure on her wound.

"I'm sorry," he apologised.

"It's fine," Genevieve looks down on his handy work. After he's done, she stands up and made her way towards the captain who handling the apprehending of those who refuse to believe that they're defeated.

"The Resistance will live on! There's no amount of dictatorship is enough to let our spirit die!" The captain shakes his head when they were all blinded by the supreme leader pointless agenda.

"By now, they're a lost cause. If only the former emperor didn't insist that we shouldn't be bothered by them, none of this could happen," Genevieve went to the supreme leader and looks at him in the eye.

Nicholas looks away, ignoring the countess who's giving him the daggers.

"Are you happy now?" Rebecca who was sitting next to Nicholas asked the countess.

"After what you two did to my parents? Never. But I am glad that the truth finally comes out. It's nice to see you in your environment, Sir Nicholas. I always thought that you aren't the person you truly are at court but now ... hmm ... I can see your real persona," Genevieve looks around the lavish room.

"Embezzling money from the royal court must've been quite a successful business for you," Nicholas scoffs.

"I deserve every penny. Because I am the true heir to the throne. Not Alvia," the sentinel's raised their weapon to Nicholas when they heard someone referencing their emperor with such a casual manner. 

"You will not speak ill about the emperor. We won't hesitate to kill those who oppose the throne," the captain said through gritted teeth.

Genevieve raised her hand to stop the sentinel from acting on their own.

"Settle down. The emperor wanted him alive and we shall fulfil that request of him," the sentinels lowered their weapon and let Genevieve do all the talking.

"You should be grateful that the emperor still has mercy on you. For what you've done to the empire, I hope you have a God to pray to because there's nothing worse than facing Alvia's wrath," Nicholas smirk.

"I've been a member of the council since he was a child. I've seen that little old emperor grew up. There is nothing that scares me especially him," Genevieve smile.