30 | Refugees

FREDERICK'S POV

"How bad was it? After all, Duke Bartholomew is one of Gralia's influential merchant. I'm sure the association is out wanting my head," I chuckle while placing a few files for Alvia to look over.

"You cause a little uproar with the association but at the end of the day, you're still the emperor. They can only do so much without putting themselves at stake. But truth be told, the way you protected your fiancée is the throne wants you to do. Of course, the council is not happy with it because the duke is one of the benefactors to Gralia's economics but hey. He disrespects his future empress. The throne will not tolerate that kind of action," he seems relieved for some reason.

"How is the progress with the youth group? Is there any information regarding the Resistance?" I pointed at one of the files on the table.

"I manage to establish contact with the leader of the youth group. He goes by the name Anthony. After some through planning with me, he will lead the youth that believes in his ideas of freedom tomorrow night," Alvia looks up to me.

"Why so sudden? I'm sure that action of his will stirs unnecessary attention to their group. What if they fail? They need proper protection from within. We haven't even try to send our reconnaissance yet. It's too dangerous," I place both hands on Alvia's table and look at him in the eyes.

"We have to make it work. His girlfriend is pregnant. He wishes to see his child be born outside of the Resistance territory. He wants his child to be born as a Gralian," I know I accepted his request without thinking of the consequences. But I understand how he feels.

To go through your whole childhood and adulthood under strict supervision without feeling the sense of freedom is hard. I was born in a conservative family. I know what he's gone through even though our situation is different.

I hope Alvia agreed to this. But, even if he disagrees, I will help them any way I can. He seems to contemplate if he should provide his help or not. But as his advisor and friend, at least I'll inform him what is currently going on.

"You seem to determine. Are you sure you have what it takes to lead this mission?"

"Yes. I have no doubt that I will accomplish this mission and lead them safely to Dolores's duchy." Alvia leans back to his seat while his eyes look into my soul. He's trying to be intimidating but it won't change my mind. I want to help them and I shall.

"Fine. Do what you must. I'll support your decision. Do whatever it takes to lead them back to Dolores duchy. If the enemy starts to invade my land, you have all right to end them all. They're trespassing after all," I smiled when Alvia gave his approval.

"Once the refugee steps their foot onto Gralia's soil, they're automatically under my protection. Those who kill any refugee will be deemed as criminal." Alvia places his signage on the paper that stated the details of this mission and present it to me with a smile.

"Once this mission in commence, we'll have a huge target on our back. Our soldier needs to be stand by inside Dolores's duchy. If possible, I don't want any bloodshed to happen," I nod.

"While I'm gone, my sister will take my place as your advisor, my emperor," my sister, Freida walks inside the room right on time.

"I hope Frederick explained to you about your job scope," Freida bows her head.

"Yes, your highness. I have all your schedule and important contacts with me," Freida went to stand beside Alvia's side.

"Is there anything else you want to discuss with me, Frederick?" I shake my head no.