Kofi's eyes grew wide as well. "What if you do?" He asked rhetorically. "Cause what if y'all fly into a storm and crash?"

Zaidee gasped and shook her head. "I thought the weather was supposed to be clear? Oh my goodness." Her eyes focused on one of the bed pillows.

"Or what if the plane get hijacked like nine eleven—"

"Okay you're thinking too much." Zaidee stopped him before he could continue. "You're supposed to be comforting me. You just made it worse."

Kofi nodded his head in agreement. "You right, my bad. I been on planes before and everything was good. You gon' be straight." He tried to reassure her. "You tryna' go to the store now?" He asked.

Zaidee shook her head. "No, tomorrow." She walked out of the room and returned shortly with a piece of paper in her hand. "You need to take the trash out." 

"You filled it up with all them damn boxes." Kofi mumbled. "You know who yo' roommate gon' be?" He changed the subject.

"Yeah. Her name is Caroline. I'm pretty sure she's white but she could be something else, I couldn't really tell in the picture she sent me." Zaidee had yet to pack up a single thing, she always either got distracted, began stalling, or just didn't do it.

Zaidee finally began putting clothes into the suitcase, trying to stop herself from procrastinating for once.

"Why you moving so fast? Slow down." Kofi watched her.

Zaidee ignored him and kept putting clothes into the suitcase until she filled it up over the course of ten minutes. "I'm so proud of myself." She said with a pleased smile on her face. She struggled her way through zipping the suit case up before sitting it on the floor.

"I know you don't wanna talk about this, but—"

"Then don't." Zaidee cut him off. "Especially if you know I don't wanna talk about it." She added on before walking out.

He got up and followed behind her, into the kitchen. She opened the fridge, but closed it after realizing that he had followed her."No, we need to talk about it because I'm still kinda' confused." Kofi stared at her as she narrowed her eyes at him.

"Relationship wise right?" She figured she already knew what he was talking about.

Kofi nodded his head. "Yeah."

"Well that was up to you and you said we were breaking up, didn't you?" She couldn't remember exactly what either of them had said the last time they talked about this.

Kofi has to stop and think about it for a minute or two. "No." He remembered. "You said we would see when the time came." He stared at her a little longer. "The time is here."

"Oh." Zaidee forced out. "So did you want to try to make long distance work?" She honestly had forgot that her move would greatly affect their relationship.

Kofi was quiet for a few seconds. "Can I fly you out every weekend?" He asked.

Zaidee sent him a confused look. "Every—"

"Every weekend." Kofi cut her off with a nod.

"Sure Kofi." Zaidee just nodded her head. "Why don't you just move with me? Get your own place out there?" She wasn't being serious, but she wanted to know how he would react to it.

"You think I should? I mean I could talk to my uncle and let him know about my plans so he can make sure I'm straight out there, then we could both fly back here every now and then. You smart Zai. That was a good suggestion." He said all the words so fast that Zaidee couldn't believe she was keeping up, nor could she believe that he was actually considering it.

"I—I—I—." She couldn't even form a sentence as she just stood frozen with her water in her hand.

"I might have to fly back out here a lot though. But still— you know what, let me just go make this phone call." Kofi was overly excited and it was no secret.

———————

"I was just joking, I didn't actually think he'd think about moving there." Zaidee said to Deja. They were sitting in the food court of the mall.

"Wait so is he moving with you?" Deja asked for clarification.

Zaidee rapidly nodded her head. "Yes, and he said he was bringing Cam."

Deja furrowed her eyebrows. "Cam?"

"His cousin." Zaidee quickly informed her.

Deja nodded her head. "So you're not happy about this?" She didn't understand why Zaidee wouldn't be happy about it. It would mean that her and Kofi wouldn't have to worry about trying long distance or just cutting everything off.

"I guess I'm happy about it. I mean I don't see a reason for me to not be happy. I'm just surprised I guess." Zaidee told her honestly. Of course she was happy, still didn't hide the fact that she hadn't expected Kofi to take her serious.

"Well I cant tell." Deja said.

Zaidee just dropped the topic and continued eating her food. Of course she was happy, that didn't mean she couldn't still be surprised.