17 | How to expose oneself

Start from the beginning

In such a little time, Islam really bonded with him, she realised the other man was his secretary.

Islam understood that Mr. Aliko was a simple man that doesn't take life seriously. He plays his game calmly. When her curiosity got the best of her, seeing him with book, she asked why he could read calmly? Because when she came she saw him reading, and he was still holding the book.

"Your father never reads?" He asked her.

"A lot. He does. He does a lot."

"If one needs to succeed, that person should hold three things; prayer, book, and time..."

"...This book, I've read it countlessly. It's with me everyday. I read all Roberts Kiosake books." He added.

He then allowed her on the secret to success, the real secret to success as he called it; "being grateful to your Lord..."

"...Because even when things didn't go as planned you'll remember that you've thanked Allah and won't regret about it." He finished.

Islam thanked him and left.

She kept recalling his words as Juhaif concentrated on driving them back to the Khalil's.

By the time they got home and prayed, Husna updated her on the drama they were earlier on watching.

On the other hand Juhaif went to freshen up before going to the masjid to pray.

He came back to see Aunt sitting in the living couch, their father wasn't back from work. Juhaif greeted his mom and told her he won't be having lunch. Luckily she didn't ask what he ate. He knew once he said coffee, lunch would be compulsory upon him. His mom doesn't tolerate the not-hungry-style. Luckily for him she didn't press on that and he took that as a chance to quickly slip away before she changes her mind.

Once he made it to his room, he grabbed his tab that's been laying on the centre table since morning, and proceeded to his bedroom. He laid on his king sized bed and was about to start watching surgery videos when his eyes settled on the muffler hanging on the rack. He smiled before putting down his tab and taking his phone instead.

He got on amazon and ordered new macbook and iPad. He prays the little clumsy-witch won't break them again.

He got off the app and stopped when his eyes settled on a red and white app, because the app was on same folder as the amazon app. After all, those were his most used apps. He ordered what ever he wants on amazon and watches whatever he wants pertaining surgery on YouTube! He found his hand touching a certain live video on his recently watched, with the name; caught up in a holdup! With a picture(thumbnail) of a girl that looked too innocent for her dramatic character!

He finished watching that video and found himself watching another. Then another, then another, till he watched so many videos.

He was now laughing hysterically at a certain one.

This girl won't be the end of him. How would someone be so funny yet lovely.

But did he just think of her as lovely?

He shrugged off the thought and glanced at his aldor wristwatch. That's when he saw it was almost Asr time. What?! Did he just missed his siesta! Oh Allah!

He stopped and hit the subscribed button, then stood up, leaving the phone there on bed.

He dashed to the loo to perform ablution. Before leaving for Masjid. It was twenty minutes until Asr. Better he awaits Salah than versa!

***

The household prayed Maghrib salah(prayer). After reciting azkar, they all showed up at the dining room.

Islam wasn't a fan of dinner, she was only there to have a chat with uncle, she showed up with a cup along with the bucket of ice cream Juhaif bought for her, as she didn't have it earlier but put in the fridge.

Once uncle, husna and Islam were at the dining table, as Aunt and Juhaif were yet to show up, Islam picked a small cup and opened the bucket of ice cream, "Husna vanilla flavor or strawberry?" Islam asked. As the ice cream was of two flavors.

Husna shook her head as she dragged the end of her sweater and rubbed her hands. "Unless I want to end up in the hospital then let me have an ice cream in this weather!"

Uncle laughed at that. Islam wasn't even feeling cold. The weather was just normal, if left to her she would even shoot up the air condition!

"An ice cream anyone?" Islam asked looking at the whole family. They all shook their heads at her. She shrugged and served herself, before finally sitting down.

"Islam is it true when they said half of the population in America have at least been jailed up once in their life time?" Husna asked.

"You've never been there?" Islam asked.

Husna shook her head at her.

Uncle smiled sadly, "she'd never been anywhere,"

"No I've been to like two places in your PJ as a kid I guess." Husna said.

"Oh that! I forgot!" Uncle declared.

"But why so?" Islam asked.

"Flight phobia. I get so afraid! But this year I'll force myself to get rid of that. Inshaa Allah!"

"So sorry!" Islam replied sadly.

"So about your question, I don't know whether half of the population been jailed up or not, but I'm a living experience of that!" Islam said taking a view of their face expressions.

Husna broke in to laughter, "can't be!"

"I'm telling you," Islam sighed. Uncle looked amused.

"There was this time I was dared in school to go for an unlicensed driving, I got so unlucky and ends up running in to cops."

Husna's laughter started before Islam could even finish.

"...I started crying right away and begging to let me get away, but it didn't help matters. Dad had to come bail me out!" She finished.

Husna laughed so hard while uncle had even teared up due to laughter.

"I vlogged it, will show you." she said and began typing on phone, when she heard a voice said, "But didn't see you cry."

She looked up to where the voice was coming from. There, Juhaif was standing.

He regretted blurting that out, but when he remembered it wasn't good to regret about a thing in Islam(religion of Islam) he quickly shrugged it off. And inwardly repented.

Islam smiled before handing uncle her phone to watch the video.

She then turned to Juhaif, "you watched that? Guess you got the time to watch even those from three years ago."

A/N
Everything I said about Sir Mr. Aliko is purely fictional.

Also don't only read, vote, comment and follow me if you want update!🤪🤪

Assalamu alaikum warahmatullah.