11 | The twins and the Hippo

Začít od začátku

"Will be right back please." She said and made way to the kitchen.

She got in, wiped her tears and found herself a still water. She quickly gulped it down. She stood still in front of the fridge, giving her back to the door. So many things were going through her mind. What if one day she wakes up and have forgotten everything about her mom? Her dad have hide away all her pictures. And when she saw he was looking at hers anytime he come in to her room, and it was breaking him, she packed every single picture of her mother and gave to him—to hide away. But she's now really scared of waking up one day and realising the memories she had with her gone.

She swiftly turned to leave when she bumped in to something.

"Ya Allah!" She said with a bit of anger lacing her voice. She wasn't angry at the thing she bumped in to, she was rather angry over the fear in her. The fear of forgetting her mom. And that's every fear anyone in her situation was bound to have.

When she saw it was Husna's brother she mistakenly bumped in to again, she had to fight the urge of rolling her eyes.

They exchanged looks. And in her mind she knew, if it was apology he needed, he won't get one. Her apology doesn't come free like that.

He shook his head at her, she never wanted to talk to him, but this gesture, this gesture he made, made her wanted to. "Say it out." She said with a straight face and croaked her neck to the side.

"Do you know a thing called apology?"

She forced out a tight-lipped smile, rolled her eyes before whispering out, "I don't think so!" If it was apology he meant, he might tell her one, he owe her one too—her stoned abayas his nasty comment turned stone-less.

She left the kitchen and returned to the girls. Lubna rolled the spray can. It pointed to Nora.

"Okay dear gorgeous Nora, truth or dare?" Lubna asked smiling.

"Truth." Nora answered.

"What's your biggest fear in life?" Nora's face eased on hearing the question. She never thought she'll go that easy on her.

"Waking up one day and realising my parents are no more."

Islam forced out a smile. Something formed in her throat. She gulped it down, painfully.

I miss the time you were around

"You sure know you will go first before them right?" Lubna got irritated as if she wasn't the one that asked the question. Nora just whispered an "I wish." to her as the rest laughed away.

Nora rolled the spray can and it pointed to Islam. The latter chose dare.

I have to move on 'cause I know it's been too long,
I've got to stop the tears, keep my faith and be strong,
I'll try to take it all, even though it's so hard,
I see you in my dreams but when I wake up you are gone,
Gone so soon

"I dare you to like Yaya's pic on ig." Nora finished out laughing. Islam's eyes bulged out. She shook her head and hold her wrist out for her. Nora was nice enough to slap her lightly on the wrist.

But I'm so grateful for every moment I spent with you
'Cause I know life won't last forever

Islam asked Husna, "Truth or dare?" And she chose dare.

"Gotta make it easy." Islam uttered, when she saw Husna kept twisting her fingers.

But I got through all the pain when I truly accepted
That to God we all belong, and to Him we'll return oh!

Islam couldn't be grateful that the song finally ended. But as destiny had it, it was on replay!

"I dare you to peck the person by your right." Islam said out, shrugging off all thoughts of her mom.

Husna's eyes bulged out at that, before squeezing her face. She had to ask again just to hear if she heard her correctly "peck?"

"Yeah. Kiss Lubna, she's by your right." Islam repeated casually.

"No. That's not easy. I can't kiss a girl. It's not good." Husna looked so innocent. Nora wanted to laugh so bad, but stifled it in, because the look on Lubna's face was to die for.

"Common it's a dare. It's not anything bad. It's something very casual to do in the States." Islam explained.

"But that's haram." that was Lubna.

"It's not." Islam smiled. She was finding it confusing over them getting confused upon pecking a fellow Muslim. Like what's there? Seems like they are letting go of a good reward. Actually it's an act of care and love, to smile at your fellow muslim, hug and peck them. But seems like the culture and tradition here is different.

When she saw they weren't anything near to doing it, she searched up a preaching online, and showed them the video. That was the only time they accepted to do so. And Islam never missed capturing the moment, even when Lubna cringed her face and quickly wiped away her cheek as soon Husna pecked her. Islam made sure she recorded everything on her phone. 

Okay the way I titled this chappie got me laughing. Who else found it funny?!

Who do you think are the twins?

And who do you think is the hippo?😂

Husna is very dramatic I guess. She loves making fun of Lubna.

Anyways habibties make me happy by;

Voting
Commenting
Sharing and
Following