Chapter 4 || Meet Ice

-

-

-

- Kai's POV -

-

Iris looked just as confused as I felt. "Wielder?" she questioned, "The hell is a Wielder?"

I shrugged, leaning back further against the Oak Tree, which we were sitting under, thankfully hidden from the harsh afternoon sun. The area around us was alive with kids doing their normal lunch-time stuff, chatter buzzing around and screams of laughter sometimes reaching our ears. Iris was wearing her favourite denim vest; her hair was draped across one shoulder and head layed against the cool tree trunk. Her eyes were as icy as always, and were on mine as we both shared the same thoughts after I'd explained to her my dream.

"No idea," I sighed. "But it's an important-sounding word, so would probably pay off to know."

She raised an eyebrow. "Nice logic there, Dare. I guess you're right, though, sort of. You gonna ask your mum 'bout it?"

I sucked in a cheek then let go. "I dunno. There's just something . .  . a feeling that's telling me to not tell anyone, especially her, for some really weird reason. I'm not sure."

She bit her lip, pushing herself off the tree, looking down at me. "You told me, didn't you? That feeling's probably just some stupid thing your brain was wired with if it got too full."

"You suck," I returned. "And yeah, of course I told you, you're you. It's extremely different from telling my mum."

She sighed through a grin, her gaze dropping to the grass then back up to me. "Just do it, Dare. If you want information then asking Nya is probably the best way you can get it. She knows everything about everything, I swear to Notch."

"It's helpful in the best of times," I commented, before sitting back up so my back was flat against the tree.

We sat in silence for a bit after that, both starving and snacking, before Xavier showed up with a lanky grin on his face, Flora beside him with an arm around her side and a delicate smile.

"You guys are literally impossible to talk to seperate, jeez," He scoffed, before sitting down in front of us, well within the enormous tree's range of shade. Flora sat next to him, lightly dropping onto her knees.

"You really are," she added with another smile. Flora Falcon was pretty with light brown hair, soft features and honey skin with green eyes that shone like a dawn-lit jungle. She usually wore pink and had dirt under her fingernails, but she was sweet as a flower. She was pretty shy, though, and although I didn't care all that much Iris was definitely someone who did. Iris wasn't ever rude to her - it's impossible to be rude to someone so nice - but she wasn't all that friendly, either. Or at least, as friendly as Iris can get. Which wasn't very.

"Lookin' good, Ice. In fact, you look great. Blue really suits you. Has anyone ever mentioned -"

Iris interupted him with a knowing smirk, eyes light. "What is it you want me to do for you now, Merch?"

He sagged his shoulders dramatically in defeat, and groaned "Damn, you caught me. Nothing much, just some notes for the history test comin' up."

She rolled her eyes. "Yeah, fine. You owe me."

"Sure." He nodded towards her in thankful acknowledgement. Iris and Xav tended to pretend they didn't like each other, but you could see in their faces that they were both joking around.