15. Just Like You

Start from the beginning

"Be careful," I hissed and leaned down to pick up one of the boxes he'd dropped.

"I am being careful," Liam argued, with an annoyed expression.

I shook my head at him and places the box on top of the ones he was already carrying. My smiling face was the last thing he saw, before the box covered his line of sight.

"You're going to drop the presents," I told him in a smug voice and then heard him mutter something. I didn't need to see his face to know that it was probably scrunched up in annoyance.

"Do you want to carry it then?" he growled.

I smirked in response, crossing my arms. "You're the one who said 'I can do it', so do it."

He seemed to mutter something again and then walked away, probably to put the gifts in Bea's room.

I laughed at his annoyance. It amused me. I reached into my bag, to grab my phone. Only then did I realise, I had left my present for Bea in my bag.

I called for her and she came running back into the living room, still with the excitement and energy that she had the entire day. I didn't quite understand how she was still so active. I felt shattered and I knew that as soon as my head would hit the pillow, I was definitely going to fall asleep straight away.

"I almost forgot to give you your present, Bea," I told her and she looked at me wide eyed, which had me a little confused.

"You got me a present?" She asked slowly, as if trying to come to terms with my words.

I chuckled at her behaviour. "Of course, I did. It's your birthday."

Bea looked down shyly and began to draw circles on the floor with her foot. "You didn't have to," she mumbled.

It warmed my heart at how sweet this girl was.

I took a step back and knelt down in front of Bea. I placed my hand against her cheek and I smiled at her.

Taking the present out of my bag, I placed it in Bea's hands. "I hope you like it."

Bea smiled and then hurriedly opened the box. As soon as she did, she let out a loud gasp.

"What is it?" Liam asked, worriedly.

"Tights! Black and yellow striped. Like a Bumblebee!" She squealed.

Bea leaped towards me, circling her little arms around my neck. I nearly stumbled back a little, just managing to stable myself, before wrapping my arms around her and holding her tightly.

"I love it. Thank you, Serena," she mumbled into my hair.

I closed my eyes tightly, hugging her. "You're welcome, darling."

"I can be a real Bee now. I have to show Clover," she quickly said and ran out the room at lightning speed, causing me to laugh.

"You didn't have to do that," Liam said, as I stood up. "You already planned the party," he added.

I shrugged. "I know, but I wanted to. I saw them in a store and couldn't help myself."

In the midst of planning the party, I was lost on what I could get Bea, but then I was walking past a clothing store and a mannequin was dressed in those tights, and I just couldn't resist.

Before Liam could say anything more, Bea came back into the room. "Clover loves it too," she said happily and I smiled.

I was curious about how exactly Clover gave his approval, but chose not to question that right now. I'll save that for later.