I held my breath, waiting for her to walk in, and when she finally did I felt like room instantly lit up. Because why wouldn't it?

"Children? I'm home!" She called out thinking she was talking to Danny and Sara and then dropped her bag down and took off her coat.

She walked further into the living room, completely oblivious to my presence. It took a second, but when her eyes landed on me, she took a step back.

She looked like a deer caught in headlights.

"Rena," I said and took a step forward, only for her to take one back, shaking her head at the sight of me.

"What are you doing here?" She asked me, looking around. Most likely she was searching for her friends, but they wanted to give us some privacy and made sure to stay out of their own home.

Not my best moment, making a pregnant woman leave her home, but she wanted for things to work out. I made a mental note to buy Sara something amazing.

I took a deep breath, and took another step forward, as Rena took another one back.

"I needed to see you," I told her.

She carried on shaking her head, looking around. "This isn't-...I can't," she said and then turned away from me and began to gather up her bag and coat.

"Please," I pleaded and she froze in her movements. "Just hear me out, just once. If at the end you decide it's too much for you, I'll leave. I'll stay away," I told her.

It was true. If after all that I have to say, she still doesn't want to be around me, I'll stay out of her way. I'll make sure she sees Bea, but as of me, I'll do whatever she wants. Even if it hurts me.

She then turned around and stood there.

Her eyes seemed like they were searching mine for something, but she didn't say anything. Instead, she dropped her coat and bag on the floor, right beside her feet and just stood frozen.

I took this as an acceptance of her staying and took a deep breath, before I started.

"I'm sorry," were my first words to her, words that she deserved to hear and I was so late in saying.

"I'm so sorry, I never realised your worth in my life. Your importance. Your love," I listed and I could see her hands faintly shaking. "I'm sorry I was an idiot to not see it and realise it before."

Rena shook her head and looked away from me and down at the floor.

"Please, don't-" she choked out, and I could tell she was having trouble keeping the pain out of her voice.

One more deep breath and I was ready.

"I'm in love with you, Serena Hastings." I admitted.

Her head snapped up to look at me and her eyes were rimmed with tears, the redness in them visible.

"You're lying," she stated and shook her head. "I'm not doing this, Liam," she told me and began to turn away.

"I'm begging you, Rena. Please?" I pleaded once more.

She didn't turn back, but she still didn't take a step away either.

"Just-...just give me a chance to be worthy of you," I begged her, feeling the ache in my heart.

"I've made some mistakes in my life and my biggest mistake will be not begging you to give me a chance to prove to you, how much I love you. I'll do whatever it takes. I can't lose you. I just can't," I told her.

I couldn't lose her. The thought of not seeing her, it caused anxiety within me and I just wanted to do everything to keep her with me. To keep her by my side. In my life, forever.