Chapter 6

"Hey." Nashi turned her head to a boy from the Senior year that flashed her a smile. If she remembered correctly his name was Rick.
"Hi. I'm Nashi." She smiled.
"I know." He handed her a drink and she took it. "Thanks."
"Funny we never met before. I thought I know all the pretty girls in this town."
"Well obviously you missed one." She winked and he laughed. "You sure are something."
"I tend to leave people speechless."
"Well I certainly am lost for words." He winked at her and Nashi's head fell back in laughter.
"Refill?" He asked and took the glass from her hand and went over to the bar to grab another one.
Nashi watched him until she heard a cough from behind her.
"Aren't you supposed to be watching over our inmates?"
"Oh come one Storm, why do you always ruin all the fun?" Nashi pouted and Storm laughed as he hugged her around her arms. "Stop being a crybaby Ash." They both laughed and Nashi looked around the room for their magic friends, oblivious to the fact that Storm glared at Rick over her shoulder, who suddenly got very preoccupied with a painting on the wall.
"You all having a good time?" Sierra danced to those two with a tipsy expression, at which Nashi just laughed at.
"Head-ups, Damian checking you out." Sierra sipped at her favorite purple drink, what was in it knew only her and Nashi and both swore never to tell anyone, and danced away with Nashi shouting after her. "Stop trying to set me up with someone!"
"She still at it?" Jax appeared from somewhere and greeted with Storm before throwing himself on a couch and grabbing Nashi with him.
"She not gonna stop." Laughed Nashi. "I mean Damian won't even look at me in the school no way he is checking me out."
"Sure." Jax gave Storm a look and turned his head around to talk to some friends of his.
Nashi just crouched her shoulders and she and Storm, so to say, danced the night away.

"Good morning." Storm said as he entered the kitchen and yawned as he grabbed a bagel from the counter.
"Morning." Berry waved as she and Nova with the two little boys sat in the living room.
"Morning. How was yesterday?" Asked Lucy as she once again sipped her ritual morning coffee.
"Actually it was really fun." Ron appeared, drinking cup of water.
"Hope you kids didn't have too much fun." Juvia chuckled as she just came from her room. "But considering that these are all people I see I believe that you all came home not sooner than around four."
"Right as we promised." Storm kissed him mom on the cheek before going back to his room.
Passing to it, he noticed that Nashi's door was still closed, which would've been anything strange as even though she woke him up every school morning she liked to sleep on weekends, but Nashi could not sleep with closed doors.
The only way must've been that she was already up and closed it, but then she would've at least come down to get breakfast.
Storm gently knocked on her door. "Ash?"
No response.
He slowly opened the door, checking maybe she fell back asleep, and then sprung the door open as Nashi kneeled on her bed, grasping the sheets with one hand and clutching her throat with the other. "Ash!"
She coughed as he rushed to her and brushed the fallen hair from her face. "Where do you have it?!"
Coughing and gasping for air, Nashi waves her hand to a drawer in her table and Storm rushed to it, finding an inhaler.
"Hold onto this until I come back." He placed the inhaler over her mouth and nose and Nashi breathed through it, still grasping her throat in pain.
Storm ran into the kitchen and tried to quickly find something in the refrigerator.
"What's going on?" Asked Eileen as everyone gave Storm puzzled looks.
"Everything's fine." He said as he ran out of the kitchen, holding an injection in his hand, followed by both Juvia and Lucy.
Of course, the rest of them followed them after too.
Storm ran into Nashi's bedroom and with Lucy's help they got her into laying position, her chest moving fast, desperately trying to get enough oxygen into her body. "You're okay. It's going to be okay." Lucy and Juvia repeated, while Juvia stroked her hair.
Storm opened the injection and injected it into Nashi, right under the throat, the point where the tube meets the lungs.
It took a few moments, but her breathing became naturally slower, until she suddenly gasped for air sitting up, and then her lungs finally worked properly.
"Thank god." Berry sighed from the door and it was just than that Storm realized all of them were standing there, Gale and Berry in the front.
"I'll get you some water." Juvia smiled at Nashi and as Lucy stroked her daughters hair they both left the room.
"What happened?!" Metal asked as he watched as Nashi sat on her bed, knees to her chest, trembling and her back falling up and down unevenly as she still had a little trouble adjusting to breathing.
"I'll explain later, just give her some space, guys." Storm basically pleaded with his eyes as he gently threw them out of her room and closed the door behind them.
He then sighed and looked over to the pinkie on the bed. "I so hoped we were over this."
"Well sorry that my disease is such an inconvenience for you." She said ironically with a rough voice from all the coughing and Storm glared at her as he came closer. "You know that's not what I meant."
"I know. I'm sorry." She said as he set behind her on her bed and she leaned on him.
They always used to sit like this after this happened. It helped Nashi to calm her mind from the panic and it did the same thing for Storm as he felt her back expanding as she inhaled and exhaled.
He spun his arms around her hugging her.
"You haven't had an attack since last summer. I just hoped that that was the last one."
"Yeah. Me too." She cough still with a rusty voice and Storm inhaled the smell of her hair and exhaled with relief. "Thank god I found you when I did."
"I'm fine."
"That's not true. If I haven't noticed the closed doors and your coffee still on the counter I wouldn't have found you like this. What happened?" He asked.
She cleared her throat before answering. "I got up earlier than everyone so I closed the doors not to wake them. Then I played some games for a while on the computer and well, I heard a message on my phone so I got up to grab it. That's where my head started spinning and I felt my throat tightening. I tried to yell but it hurt and the door was too far away as I collapsed on the bed. Than I tried calling some of you but I couldn't inhale for a moment and that's when you came in." She leaned back on him and he gently stroked her hair.
It still amazed him as she simply said all these stuff. She was fighting for air, for her life and yet here she was a few minutes later talking about it as if it was a normal part of the day.
Sadly, for Nashi, over time, it really did become a part of her life.
She closed her eyes and focused on her breathing in the silence that filled the room.
Storm tightened his grasp on her. He relieved believed that this was all over. For almost a year no attack happened. He almost hoped for her recovery.
And yet once again that Hope was stripped away.
And as they sat there in total silence, Storm once again began to feel the feeling that he hoped went away with the last attack.
Fear.
He was frightened to loose her.