CHAPTER 19 ✧

            (please listen to the song while reading!   :)

                         ▀▄▀▄ ᗩ𝕟𝔡я๏𝐌εĎά ᗪẸAη ▄▀▄▀▄▀

                                     17| endgame

Everyone was tired. 

Tired of fighting, tired of risking our lives, tired from being separated from loved ones, if we even had any. After the fight with Thanos everyone was recollecting themselves, trying to recover from the undeniable defeat. 

Peter walked over to me. 

"How are you doing?" He asked with a grin. I smiled; after all this, Peter was still the same person he had always been -- He was kind, funny, brave, and loyal. 

"Physically? Good." I replied. 

"And not physically?" Peter asked, furrowing his eyebrow.

"We lost." I shrugged.

Peter sighed.

"So what does this mean for everyone now?" Peter asked.

"I wish I knew." I sighed.

We stood in silence for a few seconds.

"What about us?" Peter asked, breaking the silence. 

"What about us?" I asked, puzzled.

Peter processed his words for a second. 

"I really like you." Peter blurted. 

I raised my eyebrows in surprise. What did this mean for us? I hadn't really ever thought of us together like that before. Of course, he was the nicest person I had ever met, the most attractive and brave and funny and caring-

oh shit, I liked him back.

"I really like you too." I replied with my face heating up.

Peter looked taken aback, as if my answer had been completely unexpected.

Things on Titan had just gotten even more complicated. 

I was about to suggest we head back to the group before I was enveloped in Peter's arms, in a hug.  

He smelled like popcorn. 

I had to wipe the smile off my face as we pulled apart, otherwise I'd probably look like someone out of a horror movie.

"Sorry that was kind of random I just-"

"Hey, it's okay." I interrupted Peter, the smile returning to my face.

"We should probably head back." Peter said, a broad grin on his face.

I nodded and followed Peter back to where the rest of the group was.