CHAPTER 4 ✧

                          ▀▄▀▄▀▄ ᗩ𝕟𝔡я๏𝐌εĎά ᗪẸAη ▄▀▄▀▄▀

                                               04| the break

"Queens foster home for orphaned children. That's going to be your new home, kiddo."

"You're kidding, right?" I scoffed in the officer's face. 

"Do I look like I'm kidding?" She said with an eyebrow raised. 

I groaned. 

"Now I'm just like one of those little orphans in the movies who everyone feels sorry for and I'm not even an orphan." I huffed, rolling my eyes. "You may not be an orphan, but you don't have any parents with you now so it's our job to find you someone to stay with." She explained, showing me a photo of the foster home. "It looks okay, how long will I be staying there?" I asked. "Hard to say, it can range from a few days to a few years. the average is 2 years."

"2 years? That's a long time..." I sighed, shuffling my feet.

"Hey, it could be worse." The officer reassured me, placing a hand on my shoulder. I let out another sigh before picking up my handbag and leaving the station.

...........

The foster home looked a lot different in real life.

It was tall, basic, and made of brick.

Home sweet home.

My eyes swept the place up and down, taking in the details of where I could be staying for the next two years.

"Hi I'm Anna! What's your name?" I jumped as the girl's loud voice snapped me out of my daydream. "I'm Andromeda." I introduced myself, shaking the girl's outstretched hand. "You must be the new girl. This place is scary at first, but once you get used to it, it really becomes your home." Anna explained.

I sure hope not. I thought to myself miserably.

"Where to begin.... Oh! Here's the bathrooms and the boys bedrooms, and upstairs is the girls bedrooms." Anna said, gesturing towards the stairs.

I nodded my head.

A boy around 14, (a year below me,) strolled towards Anna and I. "Is this the new girl?" He asked curiously. "I have a name you know." I chuckled once I saw his smile drop. "Oh, right sorry. I'm Caleb anyway." Caleb outstretched his hand to shake mine. "I'm Andromeda."

***

Dinner had passed, and I had gotten to know everyone at the foster home. It was sad to see so many children around my age at this place, acting so cheerful even though they weren't with their parents anymore. I was glad that nobody had asked me about why I was there, 

I suppose they had learnt not to ask.

 I was in my pyjamas, as was everyone else, as I made my way into the lounge.

Caleb was seated on the arm chair, an iPad in his hand. He seemed to be watching a youtube video.

"Whatcha watching?" I asked after creeping up behind him, making him jump. "Spider-Man. He's awesome." Caleb said in awe. I took a look at his screen, sure enough in the video Spider-man was swinging from building to building, before intercepting a rogue truck which was about to hit a car. "So you're a fan of Spider-Man?" I asked, finding it cute how Caleb had a soft spot for superheroes. "Uh, obviously. He makes the cops look bad." I laughed at his statement, before opening my mouth to speak. "I met him." I blurted.

"What?" Caleb spluttered. "Yeah, he helped me out with something. He's nice, I guess. But he was just doing his job." I explained. Caleb shook his head in defiance. "No, if it were a job he would be earning money. This guy is doing these things purely for the good of Queens. you're so lucky!" Caleb squealed. "Okay, okay. I'm going to bed. Goodnight." I said with a laugh.

.........

A/N

Just so you know, when Andromeda is released from the foster home that is when the movie of Infinity War begins. (or near then)