CHAPTER 2 ✧

                              ▀▄▀▄▀▄ ᗩ𝕟𝔡я๏𝐌εĎά ᗪẸAη ▄▀▄▀▄▀                                              

                                            02| candy store

warning: violence, swearing

The rest of the day was a blur, the same boring 'knowledge' that exited my brain as soon as I left the classroom. As soon as the bell rung for the end of school, I rushed out the doors and down the stairs-- not for any particular reason, I was just excited to listen to my heathers playlist.

"What the hell?" I muttered as I noticed road works on the street I used to get home. Great, just perfect.

I plugged in my earphones, clicking on my heathers playlist.

"Honey whatcha waiting fooor welcome to my candy stoore" I sung nervously as I entered the dark alleyway, my only way home.

The scary stuff that happens in alleyways only happens in the movies, right? I told myself.

I was wrong.

A calloused hand grabbed my shoulder, yanking me around so that I was facing the person, who happened to have friends. "You're a pretty one. You wanna come join me in my apartment? I'm sure we could have some real fun there." The man sneered, his breath reeking of alcohol. "Get off!" I hissed, peeling his gross hand off me. His friends took a few steps closer so that they were as close to me as he was. "Wrong move, girl." The man growled.

Before I knew it, he had pushed me against a wall. Mature. "Get the fuck off me." I hissed threateningly, showing no sign of fear. "Keep her still. I need to show her what happens when someone rejects me." The man hissed as his friends grabbed my arms. "Is this what you do to your exes, then?" I said sarcastically. Damn, I hadn't been able to bite down that remark. I seemed to have struck a nerve because for an instant the man looked as if he were about to cry, then his eyes filled up with rage. "You really don't know when to keep your mouth shut, do you?" He said, his hands leaving my body. Before I could comprehend what was happening, his fist was colliding with my cheek. I took a step back, but managed to keep my balance. His friends had now let go of me so I took it as my chance to run, but they were faster than me. It only took one strong shove to send me sprawling face-first onto the wet concrete. I cried out in pain as my nose cracked painfully against a rock. Once again, I tried to stand up but this time a heavy weight landed on my back, and the person flipped me over so I was facing him. It was the leader, the one who had grabbed me in the first place. He lifted his fist, and I already knew what was about to happen. Every time his fist connected with my face I thought of how my mom and MJ would react to me when I saw them next-- if I saw them next. "S-stop." I managed. The man grinned sinisterly, lifting his fist high up in the air. "And who's gonna make me?" He sneered, bringing his fist down--

I closed my eyes, preparing for the fatal punch.

"I am." A young voice spoke up.

Instead of feeling the impact from the punch, I heard a soft twhip and the weight of the man was lifted off me. I opened my eyes. My attacker was stuck to the wall with some kind of sticky liquid, almost looking like a spider web. Wait. Isn't there some hero guy called spider-man or something? 

The rest of his goons were knocked out on the ground all around me. "Are you okay?"

I craned my neck painfully to see who was speaking. Sure enough, it was Spider-man. I spat out blood. "Took you long enough." I snarled. I didn't mean to be rude, but I was suffering here and there couldn't have been too much crime going on at the moment. How did I know he hadn't been watching the whole time? "Wow, okay. Well it could have been worse." Spider-man said, trying to keep things positive. I wasn't having it. "Oh yeah? How, exactly? I got attacked in the alleyway, beaten to a pulp and it's a school night." I complained, going limp on the ground. "It's been ages, I might as well stay here the whole night. It will be quicker getting to school." I mumbled. I lifted my head slightly, despite the throbbing pain. Spider-guy was perched on the wall of the building, leaving a note next to the criminal webbed there. "What are you writing?" I asked arrogantly. "Just leaving the cops a note." Spidey said. "I'm not going to the cops." I said stubbornly. "I never said you had to. Where do you live?" Spider-man asked, landing a forward flip and walking towards me. "Uh, no thanks. I'm not telling a spider-furry guy where I live." I shook my head, despite the constant pain shooting through my neck by doing so. "Please just tell me so I can get you home." Spider-man said, grabbing my arms from behind and hoisting me onto my feet. I let out a cry of pain. "What is it?!" Spider-man asked in a panic. "My arm and my head and my face.. Everything hurts." I wheezed. "Hospital or home?" Spider-man asked. "Home." I said instantly. I was honestly scared of what my mom would do to me for being late, she was unpredictable as hell when she was drunk. But going to the hospital would just cause more trouble and drama. "Okay, put your arms around me." Spider-man said, grabbing my waist. "I live in one of those apartments around the corner." I said as I slung my arms over his head securely. "Okay, hold on!"

I let out a scream as I was whisked into the air with Spider-man. How thick were those webs? There were so many things that could go wrong. I regretfully looked down, almost being sick at seeing how high we were. I buried my face into Spider-man's shoulder, not really being in the mood to die. "Don't worry I won't let you fall." Spider-man said, almost as if he could read my thoughts. You only get this experience once. I took a deep breath and looked down again. This time instead of noticing all the danger, I noticed the lights and how pretty the city looked at night. Pretty. I wondered how I looked now, after being beaten up. Spider-man reached the apartments, setting me us down outside. "How do I look?" I asked, nervous for the answer. "Pretty." Spider-man replied. Then his bug eyes widened. "Oh-- I-- Um.. You look okay but you have a bruised face and probably a few bumps on your head. Apart from that, you look fine, no bones sticking out or missing limbs." Spider-man chuckled. "That wasn't even funny." I cackled. "Then why are you laughing?"

"Because you were laughing at your own joke-- well it wasn't even a joke and it's just funny-- your reaction." I laughed, forgetting about the pain for a second. "I should go. Maybe i'll see you around?" Spider-man said. "Uh, yeah sure. Thanks for helping me out Spidey." I said with a grin. "No problem, Andromeda." thwip.

And he was gone.

But how did he know my name?

.......