CHAPTER 10 ✧

                                   ▄▀▄▀▄ ᗩ𝕟𝔡я๏𝐌εĎά ᗪẸAη ▄▀▄▀▄▀

                                              10| phasing

When I woke up, my muscles were sore.

Of course, it was to be expected. I had done a lot of exercise by swimming all that way, and muscles were beginning to show through my legs and arms. 

I got changed into my best looking clothes and slung my backpack over my shoulder, wanting my second chance to be a good one. I was going to make a good impression, act confident. 

When I arrived at school I noticed lots of stares heading my way. Nobody knew about what happened at the bridge, so I didn't need to worry about my reputation. Names could be a lot worse than 'foster kid'. I noticed Peter among the crowd staring at me. 

"Hey Peter!" I said with a confident smile. He looked nervous for some reason. "Hi Andy--Andromeda. You seem confident today." Peter said with his eyebrows raised. "Yeah. Why wouldn't I be?" I asked with a crooked grin. "Oh- uh.. I don't know. But we've got art first." Peter stammered, playing with his bag straps. "Okay, let's go." I said.

Art was fun.

Building up to the trip which was happening in a few days, Mrs Burgess decided to sort us all into pairs so that we could do one last project before the trip. The goal was to create the most bizarre portrait made out of random house items plus paint. 

Easy.

I got paired up with Peter, and we decided to do it at his house because his aunt was there to supervise us incase we stabbed ourselves with a spoon or something. 

I brought popcorn. 

"Oh hey!" Peter said as I appeared in his living room, where his aunt had let me in. Aunt May was what everyone called her. She was such a kind soul, and it broke my heart to know that her husband had been killed. 

"Hi Peter, I brought popcorn." I said with an awkward smile.

"Wait. I thought you two were doing a project? Not a Netflix date." Aunt May said with a confused smile. 

"No, no. I brought popcorn for a snack when we have a break." I explained, red forming on my cheeks from her 'date' comment.

"If you say so, have fun." Aunt May said as she headed into the kitchen. "Okay follow me." Peter said as he walked into what I guessed was his room. 

There was a bunch of cutlery and random objects spread out on his bed. 

"I see you're prepared." I said, impressed. Peter smiled but then spotted something. He grabbed a plastic fork and frowned. "How did that get there." He said. He was about to throw it in the bin before I quickly stopped him. "Wait! What if we used plastic cutlery and painted them? Then we could make a pattern of some sort." I explained my idea. Peter's eyes widened. "Oh yeah! That's a great idea." Peter said, placing the plastic fork back on the bed. Then he turned to face me. "What if we did something even better and made a sculpture instead of a painting?" Peter asked. I grinned, creativeness flooding my senses. "YES!" I said as I clapped my hands excitedly. 

For the next half hour, we sketched all our ideas. Finally deciding to make a cutlery sculpture of an eagle. 

I yawned.

"Now that we've done all the planning, do you wanna take a break?" Peter asked, leaning against the bed frame. I nodded, stifling another yawn. 

Peter left the room for a few minutes and then returned with a bag full of popcorn which was missing from its spot beside me. I noticed a bunch of DVD's lying not so far away from me. I scooted over to them out of curiosity and flicked through them. Most of them were Star Wars movies, but then I noticed one that didn't seem as familiar. 

"Whats the breakfast club?" I asked, intrigued by the cover. Peter's mouth dropped open. "You've never seen the breakfast club?" He asked, flabbergasted. I shrugged. 

Without a word, Peter slipped the disc into the DVD player.  

"I guess we're watching it." I whispered as I shoved a handful of popcorn into my mouth. 

...

by the time the movie was over, I was already tearing up.  It wasn't even a sad movie so I don't even know why I was tearing up. It was just iconic. 

"Don't you.. forget about me" Peter sung as he took the disc out and placed it back where it was from. 

"That song is going to be stuck in my head forever." I sighed as I grabbed my phone and attempted to turn on my Spotify so that I could rid my brain of the too-catchy song. 

However, Peter beat me to it and ended up playing "don't you forget about me" on his phone. 

"rain keeps falling, rain keeps falling, down, down." Peter continued singing. I noticed how when he was doing something he liked, he didn't act as awkward. It was cute. 

"as you walk on by, will you call my name." I joined in, a broad grin on my face.

the rest of my time at Peter's consisted of us singing that song. 

"Bye Peter!" I said as I left his apartment.

"Bye!"

It had been a great day. Pretending to act confident had really helped me, in fact, I wasn't even pretending anymore. It had become real. 

My thoughts drifted to Peter and my heart swelled with happiness. He was my best friend for sure. Michelle had been an amazing friend, but I found it pretty sad how she had gotten mad at me for leaving her when I literally had no choice in the matter.

Lost in my thoughts, I hadn't noticed the truck until it was too late. 

Not again. 

The headlights blinded me as I closed my eyes with a terrified scream, but after a few moments, nothing happened. I opened my eyes and sure enough the truck had passed right through me.

What the hell?

It wasn't possible. 

It had passed directly through me, as if I were invisible. 

But I wasn't.

 I rushed home, this time looking where I was going.

I flung open the lid of my laptop and began researching.

The ability to pass through things. 

A lot of results came up.

Phasing.

So, I could pass through objects? Walls?

Awesome.

                                                                    ........