CHAPTER 12 ✧

                              ▄▀▄▀▄ ᗩ𝕟𝔡я๏𝐌εĎά ᗪẸAη ▄▀▄▀▄▀

                                      12| reality 

There were two more days until the school trip.

At this rate, a tiny school trip shouldn't have really been on my mind right now. I had acquired powers, and I needed to learn how to use them. Peter had agreed to skip school with me to help me control my powers, which I was incredibly grateful for. 

"Okay so.. do I stretch out my arm or something? How did I do it before?" I asked, unsure of how to summon the energy blast. "I don't know.. just try it." Peter said, taking a few steps back.

I thrust out my arm, and to my astonishment, the energy blast flew from my hands and hit the garbage can I had been aiming at, sending it cluttering to the ground.

"I got it on the first go!" I screamed in glee, jumping up and down happily. 

If only my phasing power had been that easy. 

"Great job!" Peter congratulated, giving me a high five. 

"Okay, I'm going to try and aim at the wall and see if it does any damage." I said, positioning myself correctly.

I thrust my arm out again, summoning my energy, and this time a large crack appeared in the wall before me. "Yes!" I exclaimed, but my happiness was short lived as my vision went blurry and I lost my balance.

"Are you okay?" Peter asked with a concerned expression on his face. I nodded my head, despite feeling nauseous. 

"Yeah I'm okay, I just feel a little drained." I admitted, wiping my forehead which was beaded with sweat.

"Okay, well does your phasing use energy?" Peter asked.

"I don't think so. Last time I did it I felt fine." I said before taking a deep breath. "So I'm really gonna have to run at that brick wall?" I asked with an internal groan. 

"Hmm it is kinda risky. But you've done it twice, right? Third time's the charm." Peter said, trying to reassure me. 

I let out a shaky breath.

Hesitation was what made me fail that one time, but if I failed this time I would have more than a slight bruise. 

"Can't we go somewhere where the wall isn't made of brick?" I asked with a pleading smile. 

Peter shook his head with an expression of guilt on his face. "No, you need to learn and this way you won't hesitate because you know if you don't do it you'll get hurt anyway." Peter elaborated, confusing me even more. 

"I'm not gonna hesitate." I said in a wavery voice. I took a deep fulfilling breath.

"Here I go." I stated before sprinting at full speed towards the brick wall. 

whoosh,

I was now in a different place, the brick wall was behind me. 

I did it!

I let out a loud sigh of relief. That could have been a disaster.

a soft thwip was heard and I turned around to see Peter behind me trying to conceal his web shooters underneath his sleeves. 

"That was so cool!" He said, a broad grin on his face.

"Can we go see Tony now?" I asked. Peter nodded. "Yep, wanna web sling there?" 

I shook my head defiantly.  "Walk." I stated, beginning to walk away.

"It's this way." Peter said, holding back a laugh.

I huffed, before turning to walk in the other direction. 

**

"You must be Andromeda." Tony said, welcoming me into his fancy place.

"Yeah, I heard you make some pretty cool suits." I said with a nervous smile. Tony nodded. "So, uh.. what powers do you have?" Tony asked, taking off his sunglasses to inspect me. 

"Well I can do this phasing thing where I can walk through walls and I can summon some sort of energy blast from my hands." I explained. Tony nodded his head in understanding. 

"Okay, come back in a few days." Tony said, shooing us outside.

"Thanks Tony!" I shouted before he shut the door in our faces. 

"Wait he doesn't know my size." I said with a frown. 

"Um, he'll sort it out." Peter said, leading me away from Tony's mansion. 

"Wait, I can just phase through the door!" I exclaimed in excitement, wanting any excuse to test out my new power again. 

Ignoring Peter's protests, I sprinted towards the door until I merged through it out through to the other side.

Tony dropped his toast.

"Impressive, but the door is there for a reason." Tony said with a shrug. I beamed. Tony just said I was impressive. 

"So should I come back on Saturday?" I asked excitedly. 

"What day is it today?" Tony asked, taking a bite of his dirty toast. 

"Thursday," I said. Tony nodded. "Are you free tomorrow?" 

"In the morning, I guess." I said. Tony smiled. "I am now your mentor. Meet me here at 5:30 sharp." Tony demanded, shooing me outside where Peter was leaning against the wall.

"Bye." Tony said before retreating back to his massive kitchen.

Peter turned to me.

"Let's go before you decide to rob a bank with your new power." He said before beginning our trek back to civilisation.

........

infinity war plot happening v soon <3