Chapter 14: Faceless King

.

"How's your wound?"

Tanong ni Markov nang makapasok kami sa inuukupang silid sa hospital. Kasama namin si Verdect na tahimik lang sa paglalakad, habang si Ailes ay umalis dahil may pupuntahan daw.

After the chaos, everything is back to normal, except to the facilities and other structures that needs to be reconstructed. Ang laking damage dahil muntikan nang gumuho ang east building kaya matatagalan pa siguro bago tuluyang maayos ang lahat.

And the enemies, parang walang bakas na sumugod sila kasabay nang paglaho ni Blood. The Porsha Academy was just like getting passed by earthquake and flood, not war. I don't know how did it happened but I'm thankful that they're gone.

And Blood, I don't know where he is now.

"Zeilyn?"

"It hurts." Mabilis kong sagot kay Markov nang ako'y matauhan. "Hindi ko alam kung bakit samantalang may ginawa si Ailes para mawala 'yung sakit." Dagdag ko at umupo sa hospital bed. Habang silang dalawa ni Verdect ay nakatayo malapit sa bintana.

"What Ailes did is just to prevent the blood from flowing. I think he also tried to stop the burning but it's not gonna be much effective. He can't fully heal a Porshanist with that." Sagot ni Verdect habang nakatingin sa labas ng bintana.

Markov sigh and throw himself to the sofa. "I'm sorry. I should've come early to you. Sana hindi 'yan nangyari." He looks very apologetic and I don't know what was the reason. His face shows he feels sorry and there's a hint of...terrify.

And why is he afraid?

"Don't say sorry. Alam ko namang hindi mo sinasadya. At tsaka, ako ang may kasalanan. I let myself be like this. Rooftop is a very open place, kaya hindi na nakakapagtakang nakita ako ng mga kalaban."

Markov slightly smile and shook his head. "No, Zeilyn. Do you know how tall the building was to make Blood left you there alone? It's surrounded by barriers that enemies, even us can't see clearly the top from below."

Natahimik ako.

"Maybe the one who did that came from a higher position." Biglang saad ni Verdect.

Nabaling ang tingin ko sa kanya. "What do you mean?"

He sighed and look at me. "Just like us, Porshanist, Monstrous have rankings, too. Me, Ailes and Markov are called protectors, we are once an Elite Student who were choosen to serve the nobility. We are higher than soldiers and Best Porshanist, and above us are called Reapers, consist of two members. Sa mga kalaban naman, ang mga ka-level namin ay tinatawag na Dark, while above them is called the Ruler's right hand. I don't know how much members each group pero sigurado akong hindi sila basta-bastang kalaban.

Victoria, Monstrous's Queen, together with her husband, Leroid, who's the King, wanted to rule everything and have been aiming for us to vanished."

"Jhea told me that part." Saad ko. "What I want to know is that, who's the person they want to get to be this desperate? And why?"

"Because without that person, they can't do anything against us." It's Verdect who answered.

So for short, nasa amin ang alas. Pero sino?

Mas lalo akong nacurious. I feel like I'm getting there. To the information I've been looking for about our enemies.