"How are you feeling?" Luka asked again.

"I can't-fucking-breath." I barely gasped out.

Luka turned towards Ryder and Bentley, "you two best get back to the game."

They seemed reluctant but they turned and left.

Luka walked over to the door and made sure it was shut.

"I have to look at your ribs," Luka said, his voice held some embarrassment to it.

"If you wanted-," I gasped for air, "to see me naked, you could've just asked." I teased. Humor was my go-to in situations that I wasn't good at.

Luka frowned slightly as he walked back over to the table that I laid on.

"Do you need help?" He asked as he put on gloves.

I tried to move my arms, but the shock of pain was my answer. "Yes."

I felt so weak as Luka helped pull off my jersey, chest pads, and elbow pads. Pain made every breath and movement pure agony. At one point I lost consciousness slightly.

Luka's cold fingers lightly pulled my shirt up. I noted his sharp intake of breath as his eyes scanned my ribs.

"Definitely broke some ribs," Luka said.

"Ribs? Plural?" I felt another hot tear run down my face. Leaving a warm make in its trail.

"Astrid," Luka spoke softly.

"Yes?"

"You're going to have to take that wrap and bra off. It could possibly lead to further injury. Especially if you move and the pressure of the wrap or bra moves any broken ribs." He shifted awkwardly.

"Fuck." I cursed lightly. "The worst part is, I can't move to take it off."

"Do you mind if I-?" Luka asked.

"Please take it off," I begged.

He lifted me forward slightly. His cold fingers unwrapped my boob wrap at a quick speed. He froze as he stared at my bra.

"Luka. I'm wearing a sports bra. I can not handle taking it off at the moment so please, just cut it off of me." He listened. I felt the cold metal of the scissors against my back as he made quick work of my bra.

My chest felt a little bit better as the pressure of my bra and chest wrap was relieved.

Luka laid me back down and listened to my lungs.

"Shit." He cursed under his breath as he pulled out his phone.

He dialed someone and turned away from the table. He quickly explained the situation and ended with, "I suspect she has pneumothorax." he paused. "Yes, she. Okay. Yes, sir. No, I will keep her still until they get here."

Luka hung up and turned back to me. He wore a shy smile as his hand rubbed the back of his neck.

"So..." He dragged on.

"Just tell me what's wrong." I tried to huff impatiently but lacked the proper air to do it.

"I think your lung has collapsed. Doc is calling a friend at the local hospital, who will keep this all discrete while offering the best care. The ambulance will be here soon." he explained.

"Wonderful." Pain racked my whole body as I laid my head back down and stared at the ceiling.

Luka broke the silence. "You know, I know grown men who would be sobbing in pain right now. You are so brave and strong." He hovered by my feet.

"Thanks. I'm kinda used to pain." that was all I offered.

The door to the training room opened and Bentley stepped in.

"Hey." He said, his usual smile was replaced by a grimace.

"What's up, Bentley?" Luka asked him as he threw a towel over my chest.

My shirt covered my breasts but the towel hide them a bit more than my shirt.

"Coach wanted me to check on Aiden since its intermission," Bentley said. "He figured sending Ryder would be a bad idea because you two aren't the best of mates, so here I am."

How Coach knows that is beyond me. But dang he had a point.

"Thanks, Ben." I offered a smile but had a feeling it came out more as a grimace. "Sounds like I'm going to the hospital cause my lung might be collapsed." Every word was painful and breathless.

Bentley nodded then spoke, "I figured you would want to know that the refs only gave Meyer a five-minute penalty. And since it was a clean check he is doing to get away with it."

"A clean check?!" Luka balked. "He fucking targeted Aiden. Then blindsided him. How was that clean?" Luka huffed.

"Dunno mate. I'm just the messenger." Bentley shrugged as the door opened again and two paramedics walked in.

Luka explained everything to them as Bentley watched worriedly.

The paramedics came over to me and gave me the rundown as they switched me over to a gurney. They did their basic check-up. Vitals, questions, and whatnot.

One of them grabbed their radio and spoke into it. "Adult female with possible internal bleeding." The other nodded in confirmation as he listened to my lungs.

Sure the internal bleeding was a worry, but something else he said stuck with me.

Female.

My gaze drifted over to Bentley, who stood with his arms crossed. Confusion was written all over his face. His green eyes flicked over to where my bra and wrap sat on the floor. Suddenly understanding washed over his face.

Shit.

Bentley knows my biggest secret.

He watched closely as the paramedics wheeled me from the room, concern and something else filled his face.

Things are about to become complicated

~~~~~~
Thank you for reading Chapter 6. This chapter is a bit longer than the others, but I'm not sorry. I got really into the medical and hockey parts of this chapter. Sorry for all the hockey terms, If you don't understand a word or phrase, let me know and I will do my best to explain it. I hope you enjoyed Chapter 6!
~Until Next Chapter