Chapter 11

Nathan sent me multiple texts that night. Some of them being "Babe I'm sorry I promise I won't let it happen again", "I love you and I didn't mean to hurt you" and "please don't tell anyone". That last one made me really think. My mom asked me what happened to my face. I just told her that I was running with Ally and I somehow ran into I sign. I don't think she questioned it but I could tell she was suspicious like usual. Anyways I'd leave my phone and come back to at least 30 more messages but I wasn't going to respond. When I went to bed Nathan kept texting me but I decided to just lay in bed and re think everything. I really liked Nathan and I think we bring out the best in each other but what he did was not acceptable and I finally decide maybe we need a break.
I went to school the next morning and everyone stared. I would too. The mean girls laughed as I walked by and I started getting texts from that random number telling me "he doesn't love you", "id hit that ugly face too" and of course "you were never right for him". I decided to ignore those texts. When I saw Ally I know she knew what happened. She was the friend I needed but I didn't tell her what really happened. I just told her I was drunk and fell on my face. I know for a fact she didn't believe me but she didn't question me any further.
When the lunch bell rang I went to my locker where my phone was and saw I had 50 new texts. All from Nathan. The last one said come to the front of your school. I knew I had nothing to loose so I went to the front. Mistake number 11 (If you're going to go at least take a friend) When I walked outside he was there holding 2 teas in his hands. I walked up and he asked if we could go for a ride. I right away said no and told him if he wanted to talk we could do it right here. He began to tell me how sorry he was. I was still pretty mad. I told him I think that we should break up. He started saying that I should give him a second chance. I stayed firm with my thought and told him no. I turned around and walked away.
Doing my homework that night, something felt wrong. I soon got a call from Nathan and I picked up. He was beyond drunk and what he told me got me to run all the way to his place at 8pm at night.
When I got to his house the door was unlocked and no one was home. I ran to Nathan's room and saw him laying on his floor blacked out. He probably went through a whole case of beer and I could see he looked bad. I was worried about alcohol poisoning because that's how my dad died when I was younger. I didn't want to see someone else I loved die so I quickly lifted him up and brought him upstairs. I put him in his car and ran to find the keys which were in his room. I ran into the car, put the keys in and began to drive.
I knew how to drive but I just hadn't gone for my road test yet. I drove as quickly as I could and when we got to the hospital I explained the whole thing to the nurse and they took him away. I got a phone call from my mom asking where I was. I told her I went to Starbucks with Ally to study so I should be home soon. She believed me again. Thank gosh because how was I suppose to explain this one. I phoned Nathan's sister who came as quick as she could and she offered to drive me home while the doctors dealt with Nathan.
I went to sleep as soon as I went home but I tossed and turned all night. I was so worried about Nathan. I knew then how much I loved him and didn't want to lose him. I didn't hear from Nathan till Thursday when he texted me "I think we need to talk". So after school I walked to his place. When I got there he was alone laying in his bed. I hopped on his bed and grabbed his hand. He told me how thankful he was that I was such a good girlfriend and how much I mean to him. Honestly his words warmed me up inside and I felt like I couldn't stay mad at him since he almost died. He sat up and hugged me. After all the craziness the kiss we had was amazing and special and I knew I loved him so much. He began to explain his actions and the I couldn't believe the words he was saying.
He first started off with letting me know that slipping a pill in my drink was unacceptable and that it wouldn't happen again. Then he moved on to how he knows that he should have never laid a finger on me but he said he was beyond stressed out and that me freaking out about sex was the last thing he needed to worry about. I was about to interrupt him but he then said his mom and dad were getting a divorce and that's what his mother told him Sunday morning so he wasn't in a great mood. Taking all this in at one time was crazy. I almost felt guilty that I reacted the way I did. Honestly I did feel guilty because all of this was my fault. I should have not left my drink out and I shouldn't of freaked at him. I apologized right away. Nathan also began to tell me that Samantha had been texting him saying she's been texting me but he didn't want to tell me because he didn't want any drama between us. I could understand were he was coming from so it just told him id block her and it would all be fine.
All was fine. We were fine. And I was happy. We were happy. I missed these moments when we loved each other. Nathan said he'd drive me home in a bit but also invited me over Friday night, just to hangout and maybe watch a movie. I accepted and told him I couldn't wait.
Friday. Friday it is! I couldn't wait for Friday. It was nice to be all good with him again .
Can't wait for the next chapter!
-Brittany