42| E v e l y n

We keep this love in a photograph
We made these memories for ourselves
Where our eyes are never closing
Hearts are never broken
And time's forever frozen still

-Photograph, Ed Sheeran

42| Evelyn

Evelyn was being steered towards her house. She had no idea what was happening. She didn't know why she needed to be distracted. Rita was not telling her anything. She only said Evelyn would see. Evelyn had no idea what was waiting for her.

Evelyn reached her house. She pressed the calling bell. Rita was right behind her. None opened the door.

Evelyn pressed the calling bell again. Being annoyed, she got her keys. She opened the front door, opened the screen door and as she opened the last door, something loud blast out in front of her face. Evelyn jumped in shock.

"Surprise!" Evelyn heard a chorus. She opened her eyes.

Everyone was standing in a circle. Jack was standing by the door, holding the blasted out part of a balloon which he had probably blasted in her face. Beside him, stood Noah, Diana, Abigail, the kids, Ethan and Dad.

"Guys, what are you.." Evelyn shook her head.

"Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, Happy birthday to dear Evelyn.."

"Oh my god," Evelyn let out a sound that sounded somewhere in the middle of a sob and a laugh. "You guys are.."

"Awesome! And we know it," said Jack. Noah smacked on his head.

Raine come running to Evelyn. "Happy Birthday, Ice Queen!"

"Awe, thank you," Evelyn said as she picked her up. She looked behind her and spotted Rita and then back at everyone.

"So that's what was happening behind my back, huh? I should've known as soon as Rita said she saw her crush." Evelyn announced.

"You have a crush?" Jack asked. "I thought.." He was about to say something. Then he looked over at Ethan and Evelyn's father and trailed off. "Never mind."

"You guys won't believe what I had to go through because of this." Rita shook her head. "I gave a guy my number."

"Congrats!" Diana, Abigail and Jack said in unison. Noah smacked Jack again.

"You guys are horrible. Who needs enemies when I have you!" Rita complained.

"You won't believe what I did," Evelyn said with a twinkle in her eyes. "I pushed her down on that guy."

"You did what?!" Dad and Ethan said in a unison this time. Evelyn had completely forgotten they were also present in the room.

"Hi Dad, Hi Ethan," She said sheepishly.