37| M a s o n

I'm not givin' up
I'm not givin' up, givin' up
No, not me
Even when nobody else believes
I'm not goin' down that easily
So don't give up on me

-Don't give up on me, Andy Grammar

37| Mason

Mason could hear her voice. It felt as if she was far away, "You have to go to school, you know. You skipped school yesterday, you can't do that today. Mason, wake up. We have to go to school."

Mason's eyelids felt heavy. He wondered if he had any strength left in his body and mind.

"Please, Mason. You have to do this," She begged. Mason could feel her hand brushing off his hair from his forehead. She was stroking a thumb on his scar.

Everything he knew was wrong. Everything he believed was wrong and he had been living this wrong life for so long. Now suddenly he was pushed to the right side. It was blinding him.

"Wake up, Mason," Evelyn's voice sounded trembling. Mason sighed and opened his eyes.

"We have to go to school. Before that, I have to go to my house. Can you drive?" Evelyn said.

He could feel he was floating. His body couldn't hold him one place.

All he wanted to do was curl into a ball and don't show his face to anyone. But he made through somehow. Evelyn was leading him. He didn't know what he was doing. He couldn't think of anything.

He knew he had been hiding from something. He had been hiding from himself.

Mason was looking by the window. Whichever car he was in, stopped.

You killed them. It was your fault. It hurt me as much it hurt you.

Mason covered his face with his hands. Letting out a heavy breathe, he slammed his fist on whatever that was in front of him.

"Hey, hey," Someone pulled him. "Don't punch your locker like that."

"I need my punching bag," Mason mumbled.

"Okay, we will get to that, " Evelyn was standing in front of him now. "Look at your knuckles. What had you done with them?"

The skin around them were scraped. He didn't care.

"You can't keep doing this," Evelyn said rubbing her thumbs over them, "You can't keep doing this."

"I want to get out," Mason said looking around the hall. There were people. Too much people. He didn't wanna see a single face.

"I want to get out," He mumbled.

"Mason, please." Evelyn begged, "Only today. It will be fine tomorrow."