27| E v e l y n (Part 1)

Whoa, you stress me out, you kill me
You drag me down, you fuck me up
We're on the ground, we're screaming
I don't know how to make it stop
I love it, I hate it, and I can't take it
But I keep on coming back to you

- Back to you, Louis Tomlinson, Bebe Rexah

27| Evelyn (Part 1)

"You have been out with him for two days ditching us all and you still want me to believe, that you guys ain't dating," Rita asked cocking her head to one side, giving Evelyn an obvious look.

"I told you the truth, believing or not believing is up to you." Evelyn shrugged as she put another fry in her mouth. They were again sitting in the bleachers, out of the cafeteria.

"No really, you two were gone without any message and don't ask me what Jack said about it." Rita said as she bit on her sandwich.

"Nobody asked." Evelyn said being horrified. Jack's assumption was always foul.

"I don't see. What's the problem with dating him?" Rita asked.

Evelyn sighed, "I am not looking for a boyfriend right now. And also, he thinks relationships are waste of time which I totally agree with."

Rita gave her a credible look.

"What else do you two agree on?" She asked.

"Nothing else actually, we are always fighting. Even in the morning, we fought about pizza flavors. C'mon, tell me, is pineapple pizza even a pizza?" Evelyn asked.

"Where did you go?" Rita said

"We went to his friends house. More specifically his dad's friends house," Evelyn said finishing the last fry. She looked at the hot dog that was lying by the side. It looked absolutely horrible with no sauce, just bread and meat.

"He took you to his dad's friend house," Rita repeated, " Evelyn, you sure you ain't clueless?"

"What is wrong with him taking me to their house?" Evelyn said scrunching up her nose at the hot dog.

"Mason never really let people in. After his parents died, he doesn't even let us close and then he takes you to his dad's friends house." Rita put her hands on her hips. "Can't you see it? Isn't it quite obvious?"

Evelyn gave Rita a look. "Are you trying to tell me...."

"Do I need to scream on your face?" Rita asked back.

Evelyn scratched her neck. How was that even possible? She remembered Saturday night, when he hugged her. It was all warm and fuzzy and she didn't want to pull out from him immediately and then Mady arrives out of nowhere and...

"Nah, he never made it seem like that," Evelyn said dismissing the idea. "He tells me almost everything. He would've told me."

Rita sighed. "You should see the way he looks at you."