Chapter XIII: منزل الظلال

"For a supervillain dude with a huge pit in the front of his house, he has a pretty lame defense system." Nico said as the team entered through the front door of the castle. Nico was right: the team didn't even have to fight anyone yet and they where already in the place.

Samantha tapped her earpiece. "SK, Camilla, Carter, Alyssa, and Nate will be joining us soon." The team had a sigh of joy as they learned that SK was okay only to have it be taken away by Bane appearing with a group on ninjas. 

"What a surprise to see you all here. Ra's knew you would all come but really you have came to die." Bane said with a muffled voice. 

"Get ready for a fight guys!" Samantha said as the team raised their guards but Kyle stopped them. 

"Go on you guys i got him." He said with a smile. The team was kinda in shock. Kyle was someone the team really didn't know that much and didn't really interact with anyone outside of SK and Parker. 

"Are you sure about this one Kyle. This guy is kinda big and uh your kinda small." Nico said pointing at Bane as Kyle removed his coat to show no weapons on him. 

"Oh yeah i'm sure but you guys better get going like now!" He yelled at them. Parker smiled at him. 

"We need to talk later!" She said as she ran off with the team. 

Kyle sighed. "You're a cruel one Parker." He said shaking his head then staring at Bane who was laughing.

"This must be a joke! You think you can beat me?!" Bane said as he cracked his knuckles. Kyle smiled and ran at Bane who just punched him once and dropped him to the ground. 

"That was too easy." He said starting to walk away from Kyle with the ninjas starting to grab Kyle. When Bane turned his back he heard a revolting scream as someone was getting eaten and turned again to see that Kyle has turned into a massive venomous creature. 

"Now lets fight!" It yelled and charged Bane

                                                                                        ***

"So you still don't want to tell me what happened?" Carter said as she was following behind SK through the catacombs under Ra's castle. SK originally wanted to go alone but ended up splinting up with Camilla, Alyssa, and Nate. 

"I really don't want to talk about what i saw Carter." SK said looking around at all the skulls he saw. Carter silently walked with SK until they reached a green pool. SK stopped when he saw Slade behind the pool with Ra's Al Ghul in the pool smiling at SK and Carter. 

"Did you find your salvation?" Ra's said with a smile as he was still in the pool. Carter took a step next to SK about to grab her guns when SK stopped her and looked around to see a ton of ninjas watching them. 

"I learned a lot about myself but tell me what happened in Kazakhstan!" SK yelled at Ra's who was still smiling however Slade twitched a little bit. 

"Ah Kazakhstan what a great fight that was. Was it Joker who told you what happened?" Ra's said getting out of the pool. Slade grabbed Ra's robe and sword as Ra's started to walk SK and Carter. 

"Ah the Lazarus pit, my saving grace. It revives me when i die." He said looking at Carter and stabbed her in the stomach shocking SK and Slade. "Lets see if it saves her!" 

SK drew a gun to shoot Ra's when and ninja jumped down and stopped him. He threw the ninja off of him to see more ninjas coming at him. He drew his sword to cut down 4 of them and grabbed Carter to drag her into the pit where he saw her body sink to the bottom. 

"I didn't know this would happen." Slade said shaking his head at SK walking away. SK turned his head back to the pit hoping to see Carter. 

"Come on Carter don't die on me yet!" SK said yelling as Carter floated to the top of the pool as he grabbed her and picked her up. 

"I-i-i most have died cause i don't remember swimming pools being green." Carter said coughing out some of the water that was in her mouth. SK started took off his mask and to show Carter his smile. 

"I thought I would lose you again!" SK said with a smile as he kissed Carter. 

"What a wholesome moment." Nate said from way above the lazarus pit in one of the tunnels. Alyssa and Camilla were with him with Camilla looking kinda sad.

"Are you jealous?" Alyssa said with a playful laugh. Camilla couldn't help but blush as it was true that she had feelings for SK too. 

"Ah dont worry Camilla, I'm always available." Nate said to find his sister snort at him a laugh. 

                                                                                            ***

"No sign of any threats." Ren said as she and the team moved forwards into the house of shadows. Skylar, Ahimsa, Aiden, Renee, Darcy, Nico, Ren, and Parker continued through the house until the reached a large snowy garden overlooking a mountain. 

"Wait hold up. Weren't we in a freaken desert?" Nico said probably voicing what everyone else was thinking. 

"Haven't you dumbasses heard of artificial landscaping?" Sneered a voice the team kinda remembered. Kayden appeared with two ninjas to her sides right in front of the team. 

"Hey its the irrelevant girl!" Nico said pointing at Kayden who was shocked at the fact Nico called her irrelevant. 

"Hey that's pretty mean Nico. She's only irrelevant cause we kicked her ass." Espie said with a slight laugh. The team started to laugh at Kayden who only getting more annoyed. 

"Shut the hell up before i-" 

"Do what? Your hella out numbered" Espie said. The door opened to the east of everyone to see Kyle walk out smiling. 

"Did i miss anything?" He said with a smile as the door to the west opened to show SK, Carter, Camilla, Alyssa, and Nate also walk out. 

"You know Kyle I was about to say the same thing." SK said with a smile joining the main team. The entire team now together stared at Kayden who was now knew she was screwed until she heard behind her two new people show up. 

"You have had your fun in my house, but now you must unfortunately die." Ra's said appearing with Deathstroke behind him. "Let's say death.... by 1001 Arabian Ninjas because i'm feeling like a story!" Ra's laughed as 1001 ninjas surrounded the team all over the open garden area. 

"Uh speech time before we all die?" Nico said to the team. Everyone looked at each other in a silent agreement. 

"We are all heroes, our family doesn't define us. We are our own. But like everything else, there are always hidden wounds between us. We all figured out our what we do for this team and what we don't. I don't really know what we are but i guess we are family I really don't know with you know SK and Carter dating in all so thats incest or something ("not funny Nico!" Carter laughed.). But really in the end, we aren't a team, but we are a family and im glad to die alongside all of you here today." Nico said. 

"Well now i can't wait to die." Renee said tearing up. Camilla shook her head

"We ain't dying today boys and girl." 

"Hell no we aren't" SK said grabbing his sword. 

"Well what are we waiting for? Lets kick some ass!" Nate said as the rushed the ninjas and Ra's Al Ghul for one last fight.