Stand By Each other

Lui was the first one to notice the smoke rolling through the doors of the cells. He nudged Xander and walked to the door it didn't take a genius to find out that the other side of the door is on fire. "What's going on?" Shu asked peering through the bars.

"A trap. This is surely a trap" Lui said running to the  cell where Shu was. He turned to Xander. "Quick break the locks"

Xander just nodded as he started working on the lock. Shu looked at them with a confused expression. "Uh... what's wrong?"

"It's a trap" Lui said watching Xander impatiently. "They probably want to kill you"

"Well that's totally new" Shu muttered as Xander tried numerous things to break out the lock. Then he gave out a defeated sigh. 

"Nothing works"

Lui tried to open the lock by icing it but it didn't work. Then Shu tried to melt it but he also did not have any luck with that. "I think it's cursed or something?"

Lui sighed. "Damn it I can just ice and stop the fire but it'll trap all the exits which means we have no escape and you two will just die from the coldness"

"Sounds like a terrifying way to die" Shu agreed as Lui snorts. "Wait I'll try" . Shu turned to the lock and tried to melt it using flames. But nothing happened.

"Magic? Or some kind of a protection?" Xander asked.

"Probably" Shu said sighing. "Seems like today is the day"

Xander muster a smile. Shu was still joking in this situation. This is not at all like Shu. He have changed when he met Adam but Xander liked the change of him. Shu had a cold personality and now he is getting more warmer toward his friends. Wait... cold and warm. Xander snapped his fingers. "That's it"

Shu gasped. "What? You want me to die"

"No idiot. The lock is probably not working against ice or flame which means hot and cold. But what if we applied both of these elements at the same time"

"You are a genius" Lui said looking at Shu. "Now drama queen on three okay?"

He scowled. "Nuh huh... I am a serious fellow not a drama queen"

"On three" Lui said loosing his patience.

Shu smiled. " okay"

They counted to three and both of them activated their powers. Fire and Ice at the same time. The lock started to shake and suddenly with a thud it fell into the stone floor of the cell.

Xander opened the door as Shu stepped out. The three headed to the door to find it blocked. The smoke was covering the place. Shu felt dizzy. There wasn't much smoke rolling through to feel him sick he thought looking at Xander and Lui. Both of them look perfectly fine. Shu blinked gasping for breath as Xander and Lui turned to the albino blader.

"Shu what's wrong?" Xander asked placing a hand on his shoulder.

Shu leaned to him. "Cant breathe. How are you two so fine?"

                      ******************************************************************

Back at the outside of this palace Adam's eyes widen as he heard the news. "We have to save them"

"Don't worry Adam, Lui and Xander are with Shu. He'll be fine" Free assured him.

"And flame is Shu's power so it can't hurt him right?" Zac asked trying to relieve his concerned friends. 

"No, it works only for his flames. But I think they'll escape before the fire spread out" Boa said thoughtfully.

Most of them agreed. Shu , Lui and Xander are three of the most powerful warriors they have but the King frowned. If they wanted to kill the heir they wouldn't just set up a petty trap like this would they. He turned to the general who objected them. "It's not your plan isn't it?" The king asked making others fall silent.