Chapter 21

Castiel's POV
Fuckfuckfuck. Okay, think Castiel. I've been sure to delete everything between Dean and I on my cellular device. What could he have just sent me? I didn't check it. Oh dammit, Dean. It could be anything with you. "What, mom?" I asked, trying to be clueless. She slid my phone across the table and I picked it up. I opened the message from Dean and read it.
"Hey baby, I've been called into work. Won't be able to talk for a bit. Just wanted to let you know. And last night was one of the best times of my life. I love you, talk to ya later."
Well shit. Thanks, Dean. My hands started shaking a bit as I set my phone down. "H-he must've sent that to the wrong person. Obviously hasn't deleted my number yet." Annnnd here goes another lie. My mom looked at me, dead in the eyes. "Well apparently you haven't either." She said. Shit. I nodded, "Haven't thought about it. I've been focused on God. Swear it, mom. Dean Winchester and I have nothing to do with each other anymore. I promise." She folded her arms and said, "You better not, Castiel." She left the kitchen. I let out a big sigh and put my phone in my pocket.
I went back into my room. I looked in my bag and pulled out the notebook and promise ring. I sat back on my bed and started reading all of the pages. Some of them having one sentence on them and others being completely full. There were things like "the way you tilt your head when you're confused. I really like that.", and "the way you've blossomed since I met you." and "your laugh. I love your laugh." It was a big notebook. I was playing with my ring while reading it. When I was about a little over halfway done with the notebook I sat it on my desk and my sat my ring on top of it. I laid back and put earbuds in. I just wanted to think for a bit. My mind has been consumed by Dean Winchester. Even the idea of him. But what an amazing idea he is. "But see the flames inside my eyes, it burns so bright I wanna feel your love" I sang along with the music. He has set a flame off inside of me. It burns for him. And it doesn't seem likely that the flame is going to burn out anytime soon. "So honey, now take me into your loving arms. Kiss me under the light if a thousand stars.. Place your head on my beating heart.." I softly sang along to the new song playing. I picked up my ring and looked at it. It's gold with a line of 5 diamonds. It looked like there was a smudge on the inside of it so I wiped it off. Nothing came off. I brought the ring closer to my eyes and I saw that it was an inscription. It said "I Promise, Cas." on it. I smiled and slid the ring on. "Cas! C'mere!" I heard Gabe yell for me. I groaned. I put my ring on top of the note book and went downstairs. "Settle this for us." Gabe said. He had Lucifer in a head lock. I laughed a bit at the sight. "Candy is better than vegetables." Gabe said. Lucifer tried saying something Gabe kicked him. I nodded, "Gabe is right, gotta admit." I smiled and went back upstairs. My notebook and ring were gone. What the..? I went into Michael's room and saw him and my mom standing there. My mom was reading through the notebook and Michael was looking at all aspects of the ring. I ran to my room before they noticed me. I called Dean.
"Whoa whoa whoa, calm down. Tell me again, but where I can't understand what you're sayin'." He said to me in a calming voice. I swallowed and said calmly, "My mother and Michael are in the next room over reading through the notebook and looking at the ring." I didn't hear anything from his side of the line, "Dean..?" I said. "I'll come get you.. Be ready. I love you." He said. "Castiel!" I heard my mom yell. "Cas.." Dean said. "You heard it too?" I said. My mom pushed open the door and threw the notebook and ring on the ground in front of me. "Shit" I breathed out. "I gotta go, Charlie. My mom needs me.." I said. "Charlie? Cas - oh.." He couldn't say anything else before I hung up. "You lied to me, Castiel. You are still seeing that low life of a boy! How dare you! You are nothing but a disgrace! I can't do anything with you, you're just - Worthless! You will not amount to anything."
I started shaking and crying silently. "Mo-" she wouldn't let me get a word in.
"Tomorrow is your last day at school, you're being home schooled. Taken away from all corruption. Useless. You're useless." She finished speaking and looked me up at down. She shook her head and then said, "Call him. Tell him you can't see him ever again." She walked out of the room. Dean called me as I was about to dial his number and I answered. "Baby, you okay? What happened?" I started crying, "Dean.. I love you.. But I can't see you ever again.. I'm - I'm so sorry.. She's making me. Tomorrow is my last day at school. She's home schooling me." I paused for a second and then said through my tears, "Dean... I love you." I hung up before he said anything. It's time. If I can't have him, then I don't want to live. I pick my blade up. My old friend.